Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help:, Bank1 sensor 2 o2 reading

driver10

This code appeared. I put in a new after market lambda sensor and cleared the ECU. After driving a while it returned ned. The o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 reading was flat line on 0.8 v. Then a new genuine lamda sensor was put in. P0138 code returned. Now the bank 1 sensor 2 reading is not on flat. line on it does move up and down. Any idea what is causing p0138 code to return? 34ffa0cc75169b93ba3afa666853887e.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What engine?

What engine?
1.33 petrol

OK looking at the diag' process there is way to much to type here, it goes on for pages, if you register here: www.toyota-tech.eu for a few quid you can access and download the repair manuals for your car

OK looking at the diag' process there is way to much to type here, it goes on for pages, if you register here: www.toyota-tech.eu for a few quid you can access and download the repair manuals for your car
Do u have any idea what may be the problem?

Any idea what might be causing such reading of bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor. Are these readings correct?. More interested in cause. New o2 sensor was installed aswell. Cat is autis 1.33 petrol. 2009

Firgot to attach bank 1 sensor 2 readings during drive. e04ec959a8cc73b7e26f0179815aae80.jpg

On 22/03/2018 at 11:33 AM, driver10 said:

This code appeared. I put in a new after market lambda sensor and cleared the ECU. After driving a while it returned ned. The o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 reading was flat line on 0.8 v. Then a new genuine lamda sensor was put in. P0138 code returned. Now the bank 1 sensor 2 reading is not on flat. line on it does move up and down. Any idea what is causing p0138 code to return? 34ffa0cc75169b93ba3afa666853887e.jpg

Thank you for mentioning your vtr-lo9.downloaded the app and wanders if things are looked up using bluetooth or do you need to get a lead from phone to car.

Thank you for mentioning your vtr-lo9.downloaded the app and wanders if things are looked up using Bluetooth or do you need to get a lead from phone to car.
bluetooth was 0bd2 was used i believe.

I was told toyota auris have common problems with CEL coming on with p0138. Even though it is replaced and the message still returns. Its not a problem as its common and doesnt impact driving and the car can still run well. Is it true. Or is the code returning because the ecu wasnt reset by taking out Battery instead by diagnostic tool does it matter.

So let me decode that. CEL means Check Engine Light? And PO138 is the oxygen sensor warning from the exhaust system? (Known to the rest of the world as a lambda sensor?)

It can mean a lot of things really - for example a faulty MAF sensor - but generally it's telling you that your fuel mixture is wrong. In theory, ignoring it could kill your catalytic converter, so I wouldn't be inclined to let it go on for too long unless I had an explanation. There might be one.

My wife's old VW Polo reported a Check Engine light every time she drove home from work. She had to drive up a steep hill before her engine had properly warned up, and the exhaust gases used to trip the sensor. If she pulled over and stopped/restarted the car the light went out, and it never caused any problems. But if your light is coming on at any other time, I'd want to know why. (Especially if it doesn't go straight out when you reboot the engine.) I did once have a CEL on a diesel Ford that was telling me that my injectors were pegging out.

That's the limit of what I know. :unsure: It's between you and your trusty mechanic now. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2018 at 4:37 PM, Countrylad said:
So let me decode that. CEL means Check Engine Light? And PO138 is the oxygen sensor warning from the exhaust system? (Known to the rest of the world as a lambda sensor?)
It can mean a lot of things really - for example a faulty MAF sensor - but generally it's telling you that your fuel mixture is wrong. In theory, ignoring it could kill your catalytic converter, so I wouldn't be inclined to let it go on for too long unless I had an explanation. There might be one.
My wife's old VW Polo reported a Check Engine light every time she drove home from work. She had to drive up a steep hill before her engine had properly warned up, and the exhaust gases used to trip the sensor. If she pulled over and stopped/restarted the car the light went out, and it never caused any problems. But if your light is coming on at any other time, I'd want to know why. (Especially if it doesn't go straight out when you reboot the engine.) I did once have a CEL on a diesel Ford that was telling me that my injectors were pegging out.
That's the limit of what I know. unsure.png It's between you and your trusty mechanic now. Good luck

Ur assumptions were correct.

The P0138 indicates bank 1 sensor 2 high voltage. A new genuine lambda sensor was fitted. But the code had returned after clearing the code. No other error codes come up just the p0138. No fault code for the catalytic convertor.

Please refrain from creating multiple posts for the same issue. I have merged all your posts into this one thread please keep all your questions/comments regarding your current issue here.

Have you replaced the correct bank with the new sensor? A lot of people get it wrong and thinking that after putting in a new sensor and clearing the fault and then returns after a while.

I suggest double check with location of the sensor against the engine diagram.

Have you replaced the correct bank with the new sensor? A lot of people get it wrong and thinking that after putting in a new sensor and clearing the fault and then returns after a while.
I suggest double check with location of the sensor against the engine diagram.
Yes i got the part from toyota directly

I know you got the correct part. But are you sure you have put in the correct bank (location).?

I know you got the correct part. But are you sure you have put in the correct bank (location).?
Yes it was after the cat

Yes it was after the cat

I seen a toyota diagram aswell

Is the electrical connection sound? Looking at the graph, you may have an intermittent wiring problem. Can you ask someone to waggle the wire and look at the data reader? 

Is the electrical connection sound? Looking at the graph, you may have an intermittent wiring problem. Can you ask someone to waggle the wire and look at the data reader? 
Hi there, just wanted to know what is indicating there is a wiring problem. Could you elaborate further. Is the sensor not connected on properly? . Thank you

The signal seems to drop out from 0.8v to almost 0v. I kind of expect it to fluctuate around the 0.8v continuosly. 

With this drop maybe caused by a bad electrical connection.

Could you check in another bank of sensor (fault free) to see how it behaves.

• 3 weeks later...
The signal seems to drop out from 0.8v to almost 0v. I kind of expect it to fluctuate around the 0.8v continuosly. 
With this drop maybe caused by a bad electrical connection.
Could you check in another bank of sensor (fault free) to see how it behaves.
Unfortunately this car has 1 post cat sensor.

Looks we've got to the bottom of this. The sensor beginning with 89467- oem AFR sensor, was changed. So far the cel has not returned.

• 1 year later...

It's been a year since changing the top lambda sensor. Approximately 10k miles. The CEL has not returned.

• 7 months later...

What model/brand of sensor did you replace it with? Or did you replace the 89467 with a new 89467?