Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing cover oil leak

weeleyboy

My wife's 02 Corolla D4D recently went for a free health check at our local main dealer's and came out very well apart from a "minor oil leak from the timing chain cover". They said it was not serious and to rectify it it would involve 12 hours labour, probably costing more than the value of the car! Why would it take so long to rectify the problem? We are the second owner from new, it's covered 87,00 miles and only major expense was a new clutch late last year. It's never let us down.yet.

If it's only a minor oil leak/weep, why bother, especially if it really will take 12 hours to fix - just live with it.  Suggest you need to have a look yourself to see whether it's worth worrying about.  Always nice to have no leaks or other faults, but one has to be philosophical with cars as they get older.

That said, oil leaks can be a nuisance if they are such as to leave marks on the driveway.

Edited by Notoyboy

It must be a very small leak as no drips appear on the drive way and the car uses no oil between changes so in the words of the song I'll let be!

• Like 1