Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie with ABS, brake and VSC lights on......

thebiglad

Hello all, newbie here (Brit living in France) with a wife who recently bought a 2007 RAV4 T180. It has just started showing the above lights and I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend a code reader that will access the ABS & VSC ecu's so I can identify where the problem is and deal with it.

I'm assuming it's either a wheel sensor gone or muck on the speed ring, fooling the wheel sensor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave.

From what I've read on different RAV4 forums , quite often this combination of warning lights shows when brake pedal switch is faulty (and I think it's a common fault on pre-facelift RAV4 3rd generation).

Hope it helps

Kosta

Hi Kosta and thank you for the reply. I must admit I hadn't thought of the brake pedal switch. My previous experience suggested mucky relucter ring/wheel sensor gone/wheel bearing gone/shuttle valve in the ABS pump.

Any idea where I can find a parts catalogue/list so I can find a part number for the switch ?

The best diagnostic tool is the one the dealers use - Toyota Techstream.  I got mine on eBay e.g. link.  All you need is a laptop.

For the Parts Catalog, eBay again, e.g. link

Thanks Ian, that's brilliant !!! The order is in !!

• 2 weeks later...

the switch comes apart and the contact cleaned done it to mine twice in 6yrs

B-A

• 1 month later...

Finally 'er indoors who owns the car decided she wanted it to go to a Toyota dealer.

We took the car up to get it on a diagnostic machine and it confirmed what you suggested, a faulty brake pedal switch. The diagnostic run was going to cost us 72€ but if we had the switch done there, they would wave the cost of the diagnostic. We agreed as the cost - labour and part - was 78€. After that all has been perfect !!

So up to now she's had a new set of tyres, a brake pedal switch, engine oil and filter (was prehistoric!!!) change, new air filter, discs and pads all round gearbox and diffs oil change. She now runs like on champ - comfortable quiet, safe, economic; in fact all very good.

Just waiting for a new charcoal cabin filter, then she'll have another engine oil and filter change and that should do for 2018

Been quite impressed with the fuel consumption which very good for the power of the vehicle (180 bhp). We are getting on average 36 - 38 mpg, mostly A-road work, a little bit of short local stuff (go to the horse twice a day 2 kms).

So all is good and we are very grateful for the help given,

Cheers Guys

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links