Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

Here's the latest episode of my youtube show to go live, thanks for the views and support.

• Like 2

How might you quantify 'improvement over factory'?

I assume half a million taxi drivers just had to settle for 'dealer spec'....

I will concede (given our poor relation status to the Celica.. lol) the handling is pretty sharp on a Carina 🙂

2sav

• Haha 1

I'm hoping to film a comparison video soon, which will be released around episode 61'ish.

At the moment the car is handling really well, and hopefully once the interior work begins, I won't have to continue with my personal "taxi" duties lol.

As you say, the car handles surprisingly well from factory, but the hardrace rear bars are thicker and stronger, so offer less flex, I'll be fitting the rear braces this weekend, which will hopefully stiffen up the back end a lot more, and I'll report back 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's that time again, yep, another exciting episode with my Toyota Carina lol.

• Like 2

Filmed back in June, in this episode I grease up some bits.

Poondland spray-greeaz [... and/or 'White cycle chain lube' - depending on what the supplier prints on the tin! lol ] is my weapon of choice for Sunroof bowden drive cables + door hinges......

2sav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Poondland spray-greeaz [... and/or 'White cycle chain lube' - depending on what the supplier prints on the tin! lol ] is my weapon of choice for Sunroof bowden drive cables + door hinges......

2sav

That's a top tip, I hadn't thought of Poundland.

• Thanks 1

Well it's Sunday night, and time for another video upload. A huge thank you again for the few of you that watch it, cheers.

• Like 2

Another new show has just gone live, thanks for watching, please like and share if possible, thank you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well in this episode I talk about the stickers planned for the Carina E.

• Like 2

As someone 'creating Utube content' are you concerned about change of terms, age suitability ?

2sav

• Like 1

It's an interesting time, and something has needed to be done for a while now. My videos have been marked "not for kids" for some time now, and sadly as nice as it would be to make money, I make 0p from my videos. Even some of my established "YouTube" friends that have 15,000 to 100k views per video, don't make much money, especially compared to our American friends, which make on average 4 to 5 times more.

For me it's a "scrap book" of what I'm doing, something to refer people to if they want to know about my car (not many do).

I've just filmed episode 68 of my car show tonight (in the rain lol) which gives me content right through until the 16th of February, but I have so much more to do. If at the end of the day I have to change platforms, I will do so, and possibly host my own videos on a blog style page 😄

• Sad 2

This is SERIOUS $#1T!! YouTube has 'come of age'.... Into a 'new age' >>> we are all the poorer for having choice filtered through lawyers/litigation 😞

2sav

• Like 2

Here we go, this is the latest episode about my car, and if you like this, would you be so kind as to subscribe to my channel, and I will do the same for you. I want to try and get my subscriber user base up to about 100 members by Christmas, thank you.

• Like 2

Well I've gained 1 subscriber since last week, so thank you for that. Here's this weeks show.

• Like 1

Cool model car! good idea, your Carina would look fantastic in the same colours. Thanks for reminding me with your videos to keep up with my cleaning inside and out of my Yaris and good to see your Carina coming along, all best for Christmas 👍

• Like 2

Thanks Eddie, hope the Yaris is going well ? and Merry Christmas to you 😄

• Like 2

Really liking the GR but having to watch the rims near kerbs when parking 🙄 Toyota did a really good job with the GR, new Corolla looks good and next Gen Yaris out next year also good to see Toyota making their cars good to drive but still would only buy bulletproof Toyota 🚗 👍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eddie G said:

but still would only buy bulletproof Toyota 🚗 👍

..... aye, got mine!

2sav

• Like 2

So 2020 is just around the corner, and how many people are making plans for the new decade ?

I'm building a mental list of jobs I want to do to my Carina, and really want to see this through, so I'm being realistic.

I'm looking to do the following through out 2020:

General Maintenance

1. Both rear wheel bearings.

2. Alternator bearing.

3. Oil change, along with service items.

Modifications

1. Cunifer brake lines.

2. Braided brake hoses.

3. Rear brake disc conversion.

4. Front and rear multi pot calipers.

5. Bigger brake discs.

6. Start planning interior.

Alterations

1. Lower the ride height a little more.

One thing that will happen, the moment I find them, is replace the boot lid and doors on the car.

So not a massive list, but the budget is in place, it's just a matter of time and finding the parts needed.