Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

23 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Worth investigating, 'breaker yard' upgrades are always the most cost effective...

2sav

Thanks I'm re-reading it and taking notes this time 😄 cheers.

• Haha 1

Here's this weeks Carina car show, I'm not a YouTube sensation, but I just wanted to document each thing I do on the car, no matter how boring 😄

Thanks again for the support.

• Like 2

A new episode of #Thecarinajourney has just gone live on my #Youtube channel, I'd really appreciate some views and feedback, many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Episode 63 of #TheCarinaJourney has just gone live on my #Youtube channel, and in this episode I get help from a friend at a secret location to install my lower front brace bar.

• Like 1

I'm hopefully in a position to buy a white lift-back Carina E, but wondered if anyone has transferred any of the parts across. I don't have the car near to check, but the rear doors look different as does the rear bumper, would anyone know ?

Thanks.

Here's this weeks episode of my you tube car show, all about my Carina E.

A new episode has just gone live today 😄 thanks for the views.

• Like 2

Well I've just reached 100 subscribers, which is amazing, and I'm really grateful for the few that choose to watch me mess with my 25 year old Carina E.

Here's today's episode, and yes I start to install my stickers.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, Eddie G said:

Looks good Paul 👍

Thank you Eddie, it's a long way from where I want it to be, but it'll get there.

• Like 2

I may have a little news regarding spares for my Carina E, but I'll be able to say more later in the week. All I can say is that the car is a 1996 2L auto, with about 77,000 miles on the clock. I only wanted the bumpers as they are the smooth style ones, so I can put my stickers on them, where as mine are the rough plastic type. I've ended up buying the car, as the doors are better than mine, as is the boot lid (as mine was magically dented).

The down side is, the doors have electric windows and mirrors, neither of which I want, and yes I understand it would be an upgrade, but I plan on having carbon door cards. The boot has a Toyota spoiler fitted, which if removed will leave holes in the boot lid, and I'm not sure if I want the spoiler on my car, as it's not in keeping with the 1994 BTCC version. So I may end up with it, and do a kind of Super Touring Car thing, who know's.. I may just get a Focus ST or Clio 197 lol (joke).

The "spare" Carina has a few marks on each bumper, and a few little marks on the doors, but are in better condition than mine, and although both cars are Toyota white, we shall see what 2 years in age has done, and although mine is white, it's almost like a Honda championship white.

The "spare" Carina has more mod cons than mine, and to be honest, it's to clean to scrap, far to clean. I've lot's to research as although the engine is bigger, and about 20 bhp more, it's not really what I want to have, plus it's an auto, so converting it to a manual is a ball ache ? or so I would assume.

The other dilemma is, how many spares do I keep ?, as I still plan on changing/up-rating my discs and calipers, and doing a rear disc conversion, so that kind of rules out the brakes. Or do I keep this as my daily, and just make mine full on track car lol.

One thing I do know, it will provide plenty of content for my YouTube channel lol.

IMG-20200207-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200207-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200207-WA0005.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having a total 'mare sourcing a factory 'bootlip' wing for mine, m8.

The 2.0L is regarded a bit iffy for serious revving.... A long legged loper + ideally on an Auto (see: Camry).

You can't save em all.....

2sav

• Like 2

Shame about the stickers saying that still looks good, that spoiler looks canny too. 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 4:34 PM, tooSavvy said:

I'm having a total 'mare sourcing a factory 'bootlip' wing for mine, m8.

The 2.0L is regarded a bit iffy for serious revving.... A long legged loper + ideally on an Auto (see: Camry).

You can't save em all.....

2sav

Very true, the bumpers will work wonders on mine though lol, after a bit of a refresh.

Spares are getting harder to find by the minute 😞

On 2/10/2020 at 9:05 AM, Eddie G said:

Shame about the stickers saying that still looks good, that spoiler looks canny too. 

Thanks, I have had all the stickers re-cut, as things get worse, and I now have a spare car to get a few bits right on mine, so roll on the warm weather 😄

• Like 1

Well a little more information on the Carina E 2L

It's had 2 previous owners, making me the 3rd, and has 73,333 miles on it, with a lot of service history.

It starts and stops and almost goes around corners, almost. I would like to keep it, and have a fleet of Carina E's, but I think I will stick to my guns, and pinch the bumpers, and turn it around. I think the engine is the 3S-FE, which isn't really what I want, but it's very smooth.

I will clean it all up, and give it some long over due wax, and the odd touch up, and will obviously film it all for you lol.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to spending some time with this one, and hopefully the turn around will be mega.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

Well I thought I would bring this weeks episode forward by a few days, just to see if it makes a difference to the normal Sunday morning slot, enjoy lol, and thanks for watching.

• Like 1

Well personally it feels like I've not had a good days work on the car since about the end of October last year.

I managed 10 minutes today before storms, and I had a whole day free to do something..

• Like 1

Well I'm back to uploading on my usual Sunday slot, so here's episode 60, filmed a while ago now.

Thanks for watching.

• Like 2