Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows if the lower ball joint fitment is the same as on any other Toyota. The reason I ask is that I wish to lower my car a little more, but I don't want to induce anymore bump steer, and I can't find a bump steer correction kit anywhere for the Carina E.

Arm.jpg

Perhaps Hot Corolla modders have trod this path....?

Likely they are the same part/do the same thing.... so alternatives may be known.

2sav

• Thanks 1

Here's this weeks episode for you all.

I've got 8 more episodes to edit, which will bring me up until the second car I bought the other week. Then I will be filming all of the parts I take off of the second car, and put onto my main car, and then myself putting the parts back onto the new car, then sell the spare car, as it still has 6 months mot, and only 73,333 miles on it.

Then I've a few more things planned, but I've kind of hit a brick wall. I've spoken with lots of companies about parts, and I won't name them as it's not their fault, but none seem to be able to help.

These include various places i.e. most big brake companies, a few custom body work places about a new front end bumper, like used on the NZ Touring car. I've also spoken with a few wheel manufacturers about the type of wheels used back in the day, as well as a company that makes clones, and neither can help. I've spoken with a few roll cage centers that offer fabrication work, yet say they don't do anything for my car. Even things like seat manufacturers, anti roll bars, wishbones, etc etc pretty much 99% of them never get back to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think 'diy or £££bespoke' will be the way ahead, m8.

As with all things 'period' (thinking of circuit racers in '60s with Magnesium wheels = today those wheels will be porous/brittle wall ornaments) you might find they have all disappeared into the great beyond.... Sad but Troo 😕

Getting a 'certified' top spec rollcage made [not at M8s R8s] will be 2nd mortgage territory.... Make your own with 50mm copper pipe and wrap with GorillaTape - daft, I know, but it's the look your after, really....

BOL

2sav

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the idiot or idiots who messed with your stickers Paul, some sad unhappy jealous people around these days, usually sado's just nick a Aerial now and again from cars I've had, chin up and push comes to shove she still looks good in plan white.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I think 'diy or £££bespoke' will be the way ahead, m8.

As with all things 'period' (thinking of circuit racers in '60s with Magnesium wheels = today those wheels will be porous/brittle wall ornaments) you might find they have all disappeared into the great beyond.... Sad but Troo 😕

Getting a 'certified' top spec rollcage made [not at M8s R8s] will be 2nd mortgage territory.... Make your own with 50mm copper pipe and wrap with GorillaTape - daft, I know, but it's the look your after, really....

BOL

2sav

Thank you John.

2 hours ago, Eddie G said:

Sorry to hear about the idiot or idiots who messed with your stickers Paul, some sad unhappy jealous people around these days, usually sado's just nick a Aerial now and again from cars I've had, chin up and push comes to shove she still looks good in plan white.

Thank you Eddie.

• Like 1

Here's this weeks show for you all. Again thank you for watching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon if 'Salvage Rebuilds UK' <u tube> flipped a Carina... BOL on a £50 matching paint wing M8 🙂 ... you would start getting some serious 'clicks'.

The Car That Time Forgot [you and I, both 😞 ]

2sav

• Thanks 1

That's very true lol. I am looking to work with a couple of other "YouTubers" either later this year or early next year, as hopefully the car will be a little more drive-able, although I nearly part exchanged it against a Honda Civic Type R at the weekend. The thing is I really enjoy driving the Carina E, so I suspect it will stay for some time yet 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A new episode is up folks, thanks for the views.

• Like 3

It's that time of the week again folks, so please tune in to my Youtube car show, and see how I wash my tyres lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did a spot of cleaning the other day, it took 3 hours to clean out the bottles, but the end result was worth it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

Here we go, for those of you that haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel, this is last weeks episode.

• Like 2

This is the latest episode of #TheCarinaJourney for you to all to watch, thank you.

• Like 2

Here we go, this weeks show has just gone live. Please remember I film these about 8-12 weeks in advance. Take care and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dedicate a 'racing stripe' to Stirling Moss....

'Not gone, just one lap ahead'

R.I.P.

• Like 4

That wheel nut was a right pain in the A***, R.I.P Sir Stirling Moss. 

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

I really am enjoying your journey...Keep up the good work, Matey. :thumbsup:

Can I just say that John @tooSavvy ......You are a genius and what a fantastic thing to say and suggest.  "Not gone, just one lap ahead".....Wonderful, Canny Lad, just wonderful.

RIP Sir Stirling. :notworthy:

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts, and yes I was saddened to hear about Sir Sterling Moss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been slowly putting my stickers back onto the car, and making a list of jobs to do..

The list of jobs doesn't seem to get any shorter lol.

IMG_20200409_151529_389.jpg

• Like 3

Here we go, another new episode of my car show, thanks again for watching.

If at all possible, could you share and subscribe for me, thank you.

• Like 3

Hi Paul.

Sorry Matey but I don't do Instabook or Twitface......I'm trying to take the social distancing thing to heart and talk to people on the phone. :wink:

However, I have to say that I totally subscribe to this thread.....I'm loving your work and the BTCC look is really coming on.

Hats off to you and keep going....You're doing us proud!

All the best. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1