Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

12 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi Paul.

Sorry Matey but I don't do Instabook or Twitface......I'm trying to take the social distancing thing to heart and talk to people on the phone. :wink:

However, I have to say that I totally subscribe to this thread.....I'm loving your work and the BTCC look is really coming on.

Hats off to you and keep going....You're doing us proud!

All the best. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words, and talking to people is far better than social media 😄

My you tube videos run about 10 weeks behind where I'm actually at with the car. The main reason for this is that it's not been easy finding any parts, plus thankfully I'm still working, and just don't get the time to make YouTube my life choice lol.

I've attached a photo I took on Saturday, as I've spent a little more time on the car,

20200419_134938.jpg

• Like 2

A little dirty, and it doesn't show the roof, as that's now done, but sticker wise, I've both bumpers to do, and the rear of the car, then to lower it, sort the bump steer out, followed by new brakes etc, then the interior and engine. So about another 2/3 years lol.

94143908_685247318889620_8425389270994255872_n.jpg

• Like 2

Do you suffer 'bump steer' now? Or are you concerned about this effect of lowering, once you do it?

Camber and caster and roll centre are all going to be a trade off, once you start changing things.....

https://suspensionsecrets.co.uk/caster-2/

Keep up the 'toobing', m8  🙂

2sav

• Like 1

An interesting read, I can't decide if the car suffers from bump steer or camber pull. So far since I've owned it I've had the the tracking done twice, and a four wheel alignment, and on a smooth surface the car just tracks in a straight line, but the roads are basically so terrible where I live, full of uneven surfaces, and huge swells where the tarmac has been pushed up, well it's hard to tell. 

Don't get me wrong, the car handles SO much better than it did before, and the levels of grip are insane, but it does wander around a little over bumps. I have lowered it about 1 1/2 inches, and because the car runs on 17" alloys, it's pretty much back to stock ride height. I want to wind down the coil overs even more, and go for that touring car look, which I understand is going to require some set up changes, and even more suspension parts, but I'm very happy to do that lol.

• Like 1

It must be Sunday as here's the latest episode of my car show, filmed a few months ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie G said:

Second Carina looks in good condition 👍

It's not that bad, lower mileage, and very few owners.

Did a few more stickers on the car today, but they just aren't working well on the bumpers, so at a distance it looks good, but I'm going to have to respray the bumpers with some high build to take out the roughness, then I think I'll pay someone to put the stickers on correctly for me. But I've really enjoyed working them out, and putting them on etc.

20200426_123312.jpg

• Like 1

Does having 'racing decals' make your insurance broker worry?

They are notorious for "lifestyle/graphic style/driving style" leaps of logic..... Plus it must be a 'pondlife magnet' for getting nicked 😕

Impressive sight to see - no doubt - swooshing about the locale 😉

2sav

• Like 2

Shame about the stickers not staying on properly but from a distance looks really good 👍

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 3:54 PM, tooSavvy said:

Plus it must be a 'pondlife magnet' for getting nicked 😕

Impressive sight to see - no doubt - swooshing about the locale 😉

2sav

It's a concern, and as nice as it looks, I'm really thinking about taking them off. I'm an easy spot, miles away, which is both good and bad.

One option I'm considering is making the Carina an out and out track car, but I guess that wouldn't stop someone taking it either.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:45 PM, Eddie G said:

Shame about the stickers not staying on properly but from a distance looks really good 👍

Thanks Eddie, I've spoken with the lady that makes the stickers for me, about having them do the car professorially, but as posted above, I'm just a little concerned now about how much attention the car is getting.

I guess it's not everyday you see a 1994 Castrol Toyota Carina driving around.  

• Like 1

Shame that people can not just look, enjoy and even ask the odd question or two when they see her decked out so good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddie G said:

Shame that people can not just look, enjoy and even ask the odd question or two when they see her decked out so good.

Very true, my gf told me last night someone was stood on the corner of where I live, and it's making me wonder now...

• Like 1

Here's this weeks episode for you all to watch, and please remember these are filmed about 2 months ago.

• Like 2

Well after last weeks show, lets see how I get on with doing a bumper swap. Please leave a like or comment, and even a share 😄 ( this episode was filmed a few months ago)

• Like 2

A new video is up today, as I'm trying to see if Friday afternoon is better, thanks for the likes and views, please share away.

• Like 2

Shame didn't work out but sold her on ok and like said still on the roads and not gone to the great scrap yard in the sky.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:55 PM, Eddie G said:

Shame didn't work out but sold her on ok and like said still on the roads and not gone to the great scrap yard in the sky.

Yeah it's still being used, and loved by someone else 😄

• Like 1

So a new video has just gone live on my You tube channel, thanks for the views.

• Like 2

Here we go, this weeks show, filmed some months ago, thank you 😄

• Like 1

Looking after her well Paul 👍 apart from car batteries most cars and dogs must be loving the extra care and attention they are getting due to this lockdown, my Aygo is getting even more washers and she was getting enough to start with lol.

• Like 2

A lot to catch up on, look after her. Would love to see it tracked.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, Eddie G said:

Looking after her well Paul 👍 apart from car batteries most cars and dogs must be loving the extra care and attention they are getting due to this lockdown, my Aygo is getting even more washers and she was getting enough to start with lol.

That's good to hear, look after her.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 11:55 PM, kiermcc said:

A lot to catch up on, look after her. Would love to see it tracked.

Thank you, that's the plan 😄