Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

Here we go, this weeks episode, thank you for the views.

• Like 2

Good job with the stickers Paul 👍 a shame the number plate has to go back on, never a fan of numbers plates especially when they have to get placed wherever you can like on Alfa Romeo's totally spoils the lines.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eddie G said:

Good job with the stickers Paul 👍 a shame the number plate has to go back on, never a fan of numbers plates especially when they have to get placed wherever you can like on Alfa Romeo's totally spoils the lines.

I completely agree, I would love to keep them off for good lol. Thanks for the compliments.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little early in the day, but here's this weeks episode of my car show, thanks for watching and sharing folks.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, Eddie G said:

Looks loads better Paul 👍

Thank you Eddie, I agree, and hopefully later on I'll be able to get the car resprayed professional.

• Like 2

Had a little bit of fun yesterday. I thought to myself, how hard can it be to remove some of the sound proofing in the car, well....

I picked up a couple of cans of -55 spray, and thought a quick flash of cold spray, and I'll be able to lift the stuff off the boot floor. 3 hours later and pretty much 1 complete can used..

So I'm now heating it and lifting it.

20200620_162941.jpg

• Sad 1

Well I got the heat gun out today, and yes it was rather warm, but 3 hours of hard work, and over 4kg came out of the boot..

20200625_121743.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

..... Sweating with all that scraping likely the driver is a Kg (..or 2) lighter 😉

2sav

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, tooSavvy said:

..... Sweating with all that scraping likely the driver is a Kg (..or 2) lighter 😉

2sav

Thanks that's part of the plan lol, I've started to get out and walk more, as well as watching what I eat. I'm a fairly big bloke at just under 6 ft, but since I gave up cycling daily I've put on over 13kg in 2 years 😞 (although taking the sub out counter acts that lol), I stopped doing my cycling due to needing an operation on my stomach a couple of years ago, and it's only getting worse.

My latest video which I've just made live was filmed some 10-12 weeks ago, when I was at my heaviest. But my intentions are to go faster, so I have a purpose and medical reason to sort it all out 😄 

• Like 2

Here's this weeks episode 😄

• Like 2

On 6/28/2020 at 1:55 AM, Eddie G said:

Looks great 👍

Cheers Eddie

• Like 1

It's back on Friday night 😄 thanks for the views.

• Like 2

Looks even better, when she is all done she going to look mint Paul and i thought she looked canny in white but the stickers make all the difference.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, Eddie G said:

Looks even better, when she is all done she going to look mint Paul and i thought she looked canny in white but the stickers make all the difference.

Thank you.

• Like 1

A new show has just gone live on my youtube channel, thanks for any views.

• Like 2

Well work on reducing the cars weight is still on going, and I bought myself a digital scale. I've also cut back on the bread and biscuits, although I'm not sure on how long that will last.

I was able to do some more weight reducing in the car, and have a little bit left to do, but so far I've removed 5.385kg from the boot and under the rear seats, along with 4.130kg on the passengers side foot well (both front and rear), and 3.510kg from the drivers side.

I still have a tiny bit to remove from the center console, and the firewall along with what's under the scuttle panel and in the doors if any ?

I've also weighed the spare tyre and wheel, which is 14.56kg, and also I have the killer jack and accessories in the boot as well, which will be a couple of kilos, but I really don't want to drive it daily without a spare, although I do have a can of that tyre glue in the car.

Next I think will be the seats, the fronts weigh in at 15.31kg each, and I think I could save about 5kg per seat, all sounds crazy but since having removed the sub (at over 3 stone) and the wiring kit, and the sound deadening, the car has really come alive.

Does anyone have any links to good seat install threads ? as I may have to make my own mounts etc.. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Glass....glass....glass.

*lexan scratches so easily 😞

keep up with the 'bikkie delete' .... lol

2sav

• Like 1

I'm having to watch my weight as well with having an Aygo lol saying that did not realise a spare wheel and jack is that heavy! still better then a gunk can puncher fix.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Glass....glass....glass.

*lexan scratches so easily 😞

keep up with the 'bikkie delete' .... lol

2sav

Thanks, I wonder what alternatives there are ?

8 hours ago, Eddie G said:

I'm having to watch my weight as well with having an Aygo lol saying that did not realise a spare wheel and jack is that heavy! still better then a gunk can puncher fix.

I'm actually trying to work out which is best, it'll be sods law that I take the spare out, and the next day get a puncture 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My last Aygo had a gunk puncher repair bottle and did drive that bit faster and felt less rear heavy then myself lol but kept thinking one rainy day in the middle of nowhere i would get that puncher to bad for the gunk bottle to fix, the battle between gunk bottle and cake i call it lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Eddie G said:

My last Aygo had a gunk puncher repair bottle and did drive that bit faster and felt less rear heavy then myself lol but kept thinking one rainy day in the middle of nowhere i would get that puncher to bad for the gunk bottle to fix, the battle between gunk bottle and cake i call it lol.

It's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it lol.

• Like 1

Here we go, this weeks episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1