Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

Rain stops play...

I was up early this morning, well I'm always up early lol, anyhow, I planned on doing some more to the Carina E, but sadly it's raining.

Hopefully later the sun will make an appearance.

All Sun...... Here on Sunny Tyneside 😉

Some gasket manufacturing (to suit the Spoiler/Bootlid profile)

..... mebbies a bit 'body colour' aerosol wrist action, too.

2sav

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:35 AM, tooSavvy said:

All Sun...... Here on Sunny Tyneside 😉

Some gasket manufacturing (to suit the Spoiler/Bootlid profile)

..... mebbies a bit 'body colour' aerosol wrist action, too.

2sav

All sounds great.

• Like 1

A new episode has just gone live.

• Like 2

She is looking really good Paul 👍

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 1:40 AM, Eddie G said:

She is looking really good Paul 👍

Thank you Eddie 😄

• Like 1

It must be Friday night. I've just finished editing Episode 111, (spoiler alert) featuring my new windscreen, but here's this weeks episode.

• Like 2

Shame the stickers are not spot on at the moment but from a distance she looks real good 👍 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 10:53 PM, Eddie G said:

Shame the stickers are not spot on at the moment but from a distance she looks real good 👍 

Thanks Eddie, at the moment this is pretty much an experiment on sizing. I'm working with the lady that is cutting the sticker for me, whilst I work on a few size issues, and the additional stickers needed to finish the car off.

Hopefully once it's all okay, I will have the bumpers ready to go on, and "some" of the dents taken out. I think the car needs either a water pump or oil pump, or possibly a drive belt pulley as it's making a noise lol. 

• Like 2

Here we go, as I edit episode 112, here's the latest episode for you all to watch, and thank you for doing so.

• Like 2

It's Friday which can only mean one thing, nope not that. A new episode of #TheCarinaJourney has just gone live on my Youtube channel.
In this episode I clean the underside of the bonnet or hood as our American friends call it.
Yes I actually clean the underside of the bonnet 🤔🙄, because I have no life.

The link for this amazing but windy video is below. So head on over and listen to the wind, and some knob whittle on about something irrelevant 🤣.

• Like 2

I clean under the bonnet from time to time as well Paul 🤭😁 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, Eddie G said:

I clean under the bonnet from time to time as well Paul 🤭😁 

I now consider you a friend lol 😄 well done.

• Like 1

A new video has just gone live on my channel.

• Like 2

As some of you may know, in the past I've mentioned an odd clunk on my car, or a knock on the corner. I've spent a long time looking for it, and have always thought it was near the strut top mount. But the other night coming home from work, when I went off throttle (yes I do that sometimes), I could here like a popping metal sound, very odd, almost like a bag of ball bearings being rattled around.

So I jacked the car up, and went through all of the front and rear suspension mounts, and rocked the wheels about, rotated them, checked the drive shafts, and couldn't find anything odd about the car.

I did the car park trick of driving the car around in circles, but this actually got me no where.

IMG_20200823_123156_203.jpg

• Confused 1

So to update on my story, I asked my friend Andy to take a look at me, as I'd checked it on a ramp a few months ago, and couldn't find anything, and he very quickly found this, as it seems the bush has failed completely.

The car does have a tiny bit of wonder when changing direction at speed, but other than the noise, it's not that bad. Needless to say it's being sorted next week, although again, it seems it's a little hard to get the part needed, but one has been found.

• Like 1

Shoulder pads look better in the back 👍 unless you go full on with the interior then front ones to match. That moisture remover is a good idea at times i've had to put the AC on to get rid of the condensation on the front windscreen.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 5:20 PM, Eddie G said:

Shoulder pads look better in the back 👍 unless you go full on with the interior then front ones to match. That moisture remover is a good idea at times i've had to put the AC on to get rid of the condensation on the front windscreen.

It's annoying isn't it, my A/C is the handle for the window on the door lol, or a cloth lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulinhoT said:

It's annoying isn't it, my A/C is the handle for the window on the door lol, or a cloth lol.

Ahh.... Missed the boat, m8 😉

I'm 'all electric'......

However >> Lexan = Lightest 🙂

..... keep on jogginn on!

2sav

• Like 1

Here we go, this weeks video 😄 and in this one, I smash my windscreen.

• Sad 2

Well my car's water pump has been getting increasingly noisy over these last few days, so it's going in to have the water pump changed on Thursday. It's costing a few quid but I really don't feel like changing it on my drive with a socket set, and needing the car pretty much daily for work.

I'm toying with the idea of a cheap second car, as it seems more and more often if something goes wrong, I'm waiting a few days for parts, and the parts don't seem to be cheap anymore.

I'll update with a post in a few days time, and expect a video around Christmas time lol.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, tooSavvy said:

The pump is cambelt driven.... You getting a full kit?

2sav

Not at the moment, as the cambelt looked fine (famous last words). All the belts in the car look new, but I may regret just changing the pump.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links