Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

Here we go, I do have more photos and a few videos of the work, but will include that in one of my YouTube shows.

I still plan on swapping the engine for a 4AGE or something.. it's just time. Plus I've still not resolved my rear disc brake conversion, and huge front discs, along with fully up-rating the bushes through the car.

119079828_329490138493364_6504368456493568633_n.jpg

• Like 2

A new video has just gone live, filmed some 12 weeks ago, I repair my windscreen wipers in this one.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 2:50 AM, Eddie G said:

Made out of a carrot 😆 

Nice to know someone heard it lol, cheers.

• Like 1

Cleaned up under both rear wheel arches today. Spent about 4 hours on doing both rears, cleaned the brake lines, all the mud out, treat some rough spots, and repainted it. I'll hopefully do the front tomorrow, if the weather is ok.

20200922_120951.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 12:46 AM, Eddie G said:

Amazing the about of muck that gets behind the wheel archers 👍

Yeah, it's shocking isn't it, and I will do behind the front guards soon, as I plan on lowering the car a little more, and it'll rub.

• Like 1

I filmed this about 12 weeks ago, and I'm pleased to have reached 100 episodes. The car is far from finished, but will be having some updates soon 😄

The plan for this episode (the 100th) was drone footage, and drive pasts, but sadly due to Covid and a accident, none of this took place. So hopefully in the future it will get re visited, and filmed.

Thanks for watching.

• Like 1

It's not the first time someone has said to me lose weight from your rear 😂 i took the spare spacesaver out of my Aygo but it did not make much difference apart from making her move in crosswinds on motorways more so put it back in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2020 at 1:24 AM, Eddie G said:

It's not the first time someone has said to me lose weight from your rear 😂 i took the spare spacesaver out of my Aygo but it did not make much difference apart from making her move in crosswinds on motorways more so put it back in.

Good one Eddie lol 😄

• Like 1

Continuing with the cars weight loss, here's this weeks episode.

• Like 1

Changing to a Renault Clio DCe 100 Iconic next week a shame the new Yaris did not come with a manual gear box, normal engine without hybrid and better sound insulation from reviews i've seen so far, the GR may have been an option but too dear, if the french turn out to be unreliable! it will be back to Toyota.I will follow the Carina journey on You Tube and thanks for the warm welcome to club Paul when i first joined 👍 stay safe.

• Like 1

A new video has just gone live on my channel, please take a look.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, Eddie G said:

Changing to a Renault Clio DCe 100 Iconic next week a shame the new Yaris did not come with a manual gear box, normal engine without hybrid and better sound insulation from reviews i've seen so far, the GR may have been an option but too dear, if the french turn out to be unreliable! it will be back to Toyota.I will follow the Carina journey on You Tube and thanks for the warm welcome to club Paul when i first joined 👍 stay safe.

No worries Eddie, enjoy the new car, and I'm sure it will be awesome, thank you. I can't moan about French cars as I've had a fair few in my life, as has my other 1/2.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Paul, had a Clio mark 2 for my second car many years back and really liked it and really like the interior and outside style of the new one 👍

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, Eddie G said:

Thanks Paul, had a Clio mark 2 for my second car many years back and really liked it and really like the interior and outside style of the new one 👍

I can't say I blame you at all. My eyes keep wandering as well, but mainly down to the fact I keep getting people trying to "Con" me out of money over parts, it's getting tiring,

• Sad 1

Here's this weeks episode, filmed whilst the sun was out.

• Like 1

Some people are just T*** Paul hope you can get parts ok and at a good price and if not your next car is super too 👍

• Like 1

Just had a read through this , nice work , those hard race rear arms are in my sights for the Corolla I bought and I will upgrade the bushes in the two rear hub carriers at the same time , I like you am looking for a rear disc set up , but it means buying replacement hub carriers , or fitting a celica/Corolla / verso set up , I have spoken to several people that say the drum set up is much better than disc and that the handbrake on the rear disc can be a pain at mot time to get to efficiency , I,m a coachbuilder and vehicle tech by trade so we shall see where the Corolla takes me 

keep up the good work 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, Eddie G said:

Some people are just T*** Paul hope you can get parts ok and at a good price and if not your next car is super too 👍

Thanks Eddie, I'm still enjoying the Carina E as it's a lovely car, I'm just feeling the build progress is taking longer than I want, but other worldly events have taken it's toll. As for scammers, well I've had a guy in London contact me via FB, with photos of some bumpers for my car. He wanted me to send him some money to secure them. So I did the normal thing and checked out his history, and it all seemed fine, but when it got down to the little details about the bumpers, well, firstly having agreed to send them to me, he then said he didn't have time to take them off, and also wouldn't post, so I would have to collect. I have contacts in London and offered up options for delivery within a mile or 2, or collection, but it all went silent.

The other scammer offered me bumpers in white that were for a Carina E, and when I asked what year, well let's just say it wasn't a year they even made the Carina E. Needless to say I played along and asked if he could delivery to my place of work, gave him the address "Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, London" etc, and asked him to confirm if he could send it there, and he said yes. I asked again if he could double check the address, and he said it was fine. So a rather lazy scammer.

I've also had lot's of cases of buying parts from "other" countries that list parts for my car, only to get an email back saying they don't have it, and didn't even know they had listed it. Then it's the usual trick of having to get my money back, most of which say they would offer a credit. The ones that I do get the money back from can take a month or two.

• Sad 1

On 10/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Trek said:

Just had a read through this , nice work , those hard race rear arms are in my sights for the Corolla I bought and I will upgrade the bushes in the two rear hub carriers at the same time , I like you am looking for a rear disc set up , but it means buying replacement hub carriers , or fitting a celica/Corolla / verso set up , I have spoken to several people that say the drum set up is much better than disc and that the handbrake on the rear disc can be a pain at mot time to get to efficiency , I,m a coachbuilder and vehicle tech by trade so we shall see where the Corolla takes me 

keep up the good work 

Thanks for reading through Nikki, I'm interested in seeing what you do with your Corolla, as I used to own one myself, lovely cars, and fun to drive. As for rear discs, I'm not sure what direction to take atm, I just feel really tired and very confused over which way to go. Let me know what you do, and what plans you have, thanks.