Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

Well I went outside today to do some work on my Carina, and it's a little on the COLD side. I managed to get a spark plug out ready to order some, but did little else.

Hopefully next weekend I'll put together another video of my work..

1.jpg

Yep cheers John, I've ordered some NGK-R BKR6EP 13's and an oil filter, as I have some Castrol oil waiting to go in. I may get some HT leads as well, although mine work, they must be original to the car. 

Aye.... You'll struggle to score Cap + leads for £7 (N.O.S.)👍

Blueprint rotor arm around a fiver. Amazon ftw...

2sav

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, tooSavvy said:

Aye.... You'll struggle to score Cap + leads for £7 (N.O.S.)👍

Blueprint rotor arm around a fiver. Amazon ftw...

2sav

Very true 😄

I have picked up some oil, a filter, and air filter, and my plugs, and hope to fit them tomorrow, weather allowing 😄

• Thanks 1

Still getting out there in the cold see Paul, like the style but if it gets anymore colder i my have to put my long John's on and a Russian Hat! lol to clean my Yaris, don't like putting her though a car wash prefer hand washing myself, Carina coming along slowly but surely 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks James, and yes it was rather cold lol. I agree with your wash principles 100%, and mine is well over due a wash. Thanks for the positive comments regarding my progress, I've calculated it will be some where near my mental image in about another 2 years and 2 months, but I will look back on my own post now in jest (probably).

• Like 1

I fitted a new steering wheel the other day, so here's a little video about me bolting it on.

Thanks for everyone that takes a look at my videos, many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the views people, I'm not sure what to get next for the car, as the list is rather large lol.

Whilst making next weeks video, I discovered a screw in the rear tyre, which I plan on getting fixed very soon. Well as soon as I get a replacement locking wheel nut key, yes whilst putting my wheels back on the car, I over tightened it, and broke it. The part I understand has to come from Germany, and I will speak with them Monday.

20190216_104803.jpg

20190216_110920.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The latest episode of The Carina Journey has just gone public on my YouTube channel. Feel free to take a look, thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't seem possible that it's been almost a year since I bought the Carina, and what a year it's been :D

• Haha 1

I still don't seem to be able to shake this cold thing, but here's another video featuring me fitting a new wiper blade lol...

• 2 weeks later...

Another new episode has just gone live 😄

• Like 1

I seem to have built up a bit of a back catalouge of videos to watch, so for the next couple of months I will be posting videos weekly, here's this rather normal episode.

• Like 1

Just caught up on this thread, great work going on keep at it! Car looks super and these are now all too rare (at least in this part of the world where they used to be absolutly everywhere)

Its also prompted me to get my own Carina back on the road - she is a 1996 GLI liftback and just under 230k miles on it - It failed the test on emissions last year and at the same time I got my Townace Camper to pass its test, so I was able to just park it up. So i reckon a new cat will do it. While its parked up i have a timing belt and water pump to fit. The car has been in the family since brand new but nobody can remember when this was last done so its time to tackle I reckon (a job i have never done but have always wanted to tackle).Right now I am in a 2003 Corolla as a daily - its functional - its not a patch on the older toyota stuff though -

• Like 1

All sounds really good Danny, and thanks for the praise. I also agree, it seems these are getting a little thin on the ground now, and well worth keep a hold of.

Good luck on your timing belt, and let me know how you get on.

Did a little shopping over the last couple of days 😄

The suspension arms I think should be here in about 2 weeks, and the stickers went on the car tonight 😄

received_2327301850839063.jpeg

Sticker.jpg

Oh I almost forgot this weeks episode.. here we go.

New episode has just gone live on my Youtube channel 😄

• Like 2

Here we go, this weeks episode of my YouTube show.

Thank you to everyone that supports my show by watching.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I shared any photos of my car, so here's a few I took a little while ago.

20190413_100646.jpg

A quickie tonight 😄

• Like 1