Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Carina Journey

PaulinhoT

Just a quick video this time, rather busy working and saving 😄

I've been a busy boy these last two days working on the car. I decided to fit some better headlight bulbs to the car.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I've also done a little paint work on a few bits to see how it looks. A bit silly as I do plan on getting the car re-sprayed at some point, but I just wanted to test a few things out.

The bumpers are on the list, but I will get a pro to do them.

2.jpg

2.jpg

What 'nitebreakers' did your webbie mining throw up?

My wheel nuts (plain stock acorns for the old steels) are FORD s/s capped [to suit various FORD alloy car fitments] Fit great & cost £10 for the 16 😉

34939324724_229e852f18_c.jpg

2sav

• Like 1

Well yesterday I bit the built and ordered my B.C-Racing coilovers, I'm not sure what if any modifications I will have to do in order to lower the Carina to where I want it, but I'm sure I will share with you a video of how it goes 😄

Hmmm, I will be interested to see it Paul but to be honest it's not something I am interested in, I think these cars that people lower look strange and in a lot of cases I wonder how they get the thing off the drive without tearing the silencer off :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

I took the Carina out for a drive this morning, just to enjoy it, and despite it raining, well I enjoyed myself. It also helped to get the old mind ticking, as I need to work out my next lot of modifications for the car.

I did stop and take a few photos of the car in the rain, using my rather out dated mobile phone.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly not much of an update this week, as I'm waiting on parts to arrive.

But here's some pictures of today's adventure 😄

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I bought myself a cheap headrest phone holder, and will be using it to make some "boring" driving videos to put on YouTube.

It was only about £5-£6 on eBay.

Clamp.jpg

Here's the first video I made using my new clamp and my old mobile phone.

It's not that bad, and only has a little movement in it.

ThumbsUp... Nice ride.

Sadly, a diet of too many 'KrazzieRussians' Utube Dashcam wipeouts has me feeling the next "easy right - opens..." blast, out in wildest Northumberland, will see me collect a Civic/wrong side of the line = Aggghhhh <crunch> 😱

Seems a really good phone holder

2sav

• Thanks 1

Thanks John, and agreed, we get our fair share of nasty accidents down here, even in the quiet times of the year.

A little update today, I had both lower ball joints changed today at work due to one being mentioned on the MOT, so I thought keep it balanced and have both done at the same time.

I also had a box turn up with some bits in, lets hope it fits.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Agreed, and it's rather heavy.. hopefully I will have these fitted on Tuesday next week.

I should of posted the video before the photos really... lol

Well a little update today, I had my coil overs fitted where I work (Ford Dealership), and now all I need to do is spend some time adjusting them to how I like them, i.e. ride height, rebound etc.. The drive home was better, and the car was rock hard, only for me to discover the shocks were set had there hardest lol. So I've put them on full soft, had a quick drive, and will go from there once I get the ride height adjusted. P.S the rear is lower from default, but I may need to roll the arches a little bit 😄

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I read a piece somewhere about a supplier (of coilovers) using a 'non corrosive' nut and/or platform = reason being [saltsoaked UK roads] c/o can turn out to be "Fit & Forget"... about ever turning the adjusters.

Looking very sharp, young man! 👍

2sav

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2018 at 7:04 PM, tooSavvy said:

I read a piece somewhere about a supplier (of coilovers) using a 'non corrosive' nut and/or platform = reason being [saltsoaked UK roads] c/o can turn out to be "Fit & Forget"... about ever turning the adjusters.

Looking very sharp, young man! 👍

2sav

I will try and search it out, thanks.

Well I managed to spend a little time today playing with the settings on my coilovers, and I've set the front of the car a little lower to try and level the car off.

The handling of the car has genuinely been transformed.

I've yet to check out the camber settings on the front, which is my next objective, but also to enjoy it, and sort out the slight rub on the rear.

1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links