Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

is this the end, power loss no boost after 2000 revs until 4000 revs d4d 1cd-ftv

avensisd4d786

so its hit 200,000 miles. its developed power loss, hard to reach 60 when joining motorways.

so far i cleaned EGR, its nice and free

changed maf sensor purple sticker one.

change vacumm sensor orange one sits on top of cam cover.

no smoke- engine oil level is ok

its like there is no boost between 2500 and then at 4000 there is a sudden boost.

can someone help.

anyone local to north east to have a look

avensis 2.0 d4d 2004

I wonder if the variable vanes on the turbo have gotten stuck open or something? Or the thing that actuates them?

I haven't had this problem myself, however I have read in Diesel car magazine someone had the same problem so they tried Wynns turbo cleaner, and it freed the vanes. I think it's the cheapest option to try first.

Matt

image.jpeg

Hi, my first thought was Turbo. As said previously it sounds as though the variable inlet vanes are sticking. Using a cleaning agent will give off some smoke for a short while until it burns off. With the vanes stuck 'Open' the turbo is gulping a huge amount of air, but the exhaust pressure is not strong enough to make any use of it. I don't know what car have, but also check inlet pipe from intercooler, as it could be blocked. Also check Intercooler not blocked. Good Luck

• 1 month later...

changed fuel filter no joy

changed SCV valve

not got round to intercooler pipes or intercooler its self

really bad on mpg too

All hoses OK and no splitting on them? What way does the engine sound is there loud hissing? Also the egr may well be "nice & free" but that doesn't mean that it's working? Try the turbo cleaner it's a cheap option as said..

• 3 weeks later...

intercooler changed, throttle body/flap motor changed both intercooler pipes changed, check all vac pipes still no joy tried cataaclean too.

very bad on mpg too only getting 300 350 miles to tank

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE GUYS- unplugged maf sensor car runs much better,I did change the maf with a used one 

• Like 1

I would check the air flow with torque pro of both maf sensors old one and bought second hand one...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links