Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking from brakes

Joregan75

Hi all 

Got my car serviced last week , new pads fitted in front , after a day I noticed a rattling or knocking noise coming from the passenger side while driving over rough roads , on investigating I noticed a small bit of movement in the brake pad , can move it with hand ( a small bit loose ) ,almost looks like the pads are too small for the calipers ,so I took it back to the garage and they said this was normal and they were official Toyota pads.  

To be sure they fitted another set of new pads and greased them up , they also greased up the caliper slider pins ( these pins were only replaced 6000 miles ago ) . Drove home and the knocking was gone . 

Fast forward 3 days and the knocking is back as bad as ever . 

Just a question does anybody else have this problem , from reading other forums it appears to be a common issue with the t27 avensis . 

Is it possible for official Toyota pads to be too small and thus causing this knocking or could the caliper pins be worn again after only 6000 miles ?? 

Could this knocking noise cause any harm if it's only worn caliper pins or loose pads??

Don't know what to do next , the pads have been replaced and all the slider pins have been greased up . 

Seems as reading in other forums that if this is that common should it be a recall from Toyota . 

Should only be an official recall (ie DVSA) if it is safety related. If you think it is, report it to the manufacturer/importer in the first instance - in your case, Toyota Ireland.