Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My GT86

Phil White

Here are some photos of my GT86 i took this Easter weekend while in the lake district.

39378291980_791395351e_k.jpgDSC_7727 by Philip Whitheead, on Flickr

41189025191_b1fd960e49_k.jpgDSC_7683 by Philip Whitheead, on Flickr

39378294350_3fcf761a65_k.jpgDSC_7702 by Philip Whitheead, on Flickr

39378290540_e620736838_k.jpgDSC_7570_1_2_Enhancer by Philip Whitheead, on Flickr

• Like 7

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What a photo shoot this is!! Have you got any other images like these? Absolutely love the scenery, I'm guessing you had a cracking drive to get there. 

Attached is a photo of my GT86. Admittedly this has nothing on your own photos! I'll have to get myself somewhere nice for a proper photo shoot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great photo's 

What's it like on those roads in damp conditions compared to a fwd hot hatch?

Thinking of buying one that's all, the only rwd thing I've driven recently is the Hilux which is pretty tail happy with no weight in the back, which is a bit hairy sometimes when your not expecting it. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, Ben565 said:

Great photo's 

What's it like on those roads in damp conditions compared to a fwd hot hatch?

Thinking of buying one that's all, the only rwd thing I've driven recently is the Hilux which is pretty tail happy with no weight in the back, which is a bit hairy sometimes when your not expecting it. 

I have never owned a FWD hot hatch so i cannot comment on that. I drive sensibly so don't expect any problems in wet conditions.

Ah ok , perhaps I should have said fwd car in general rather than specifically hot hatch.

It looked pretty damp in those pictures, I thought you might have driven it in the wet. A lot of the reviews say the back end slides at every wet roundabout, so maybe it will surprise you. 

I'm glad you drive sensibly, the way that's written I could take that the wrong way and think you're implying that I don't?

The Hilux I've driven, with no weight in the back, in the wet, even going slowly off a roundabout the back end will sometimes start to go without you intending it too. Esp if there's a bit of diesel about.

So what I'm trying to find out is if I can expect this kind of behaviour from the GT86 too. Seeing how all the reviews say it slides readily, particularly in the wet. Magazine reviewers can be focussed on purposely making it do that though, so I thought I ask someone who actually owns one. 

I forgot I've driven a 186bhp BMW fairly recently and had no issues with that, so I can't be that leaden footed. I've only ever owned fwd cars though, so relatively inexperienced with rwd.

Those photos were taken in the Lake District about a year ago on the Honister Pass. I do a bit of photography for a hobby and i saw this spot when passing by so stopped and took some photos.

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2019 at 3:55 AM, Phil White said:

Those photos were taken in the Lake District about a year ago on the Honister Pass. I do a bit of photography for a hobby and i saw this spot when passing by so stopped and took some photos.

thanks for this photo 👍

• 10 months later...

How do you look after the paintwork, do you wax it?  I've heard that the red tarnishes a bit.

I hardly ever wash my Corolla, and as it's lacquered it stays reasonably clean as the rain washes off the dirt.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:09 AM, olddriver said:

How do you look after the paintwork, do you wax it?  I've heard that the red tarnishes a bit.

I hardly ever wash my Corolla, and as it's lacquered it stays reasonably clean as the rain washes off the dirt.

I probably have OCD when it comes to cleaning my car. Funnily though this is the only car i have ever owned thats had so much looking after.

I do a deep clean as often as possible, typically once every two weeks depending on the weather. I use a varied range of detailing products and a have a machine polisher.

The wax i use is called Zymol Rouge specifically designed for solid red cars and costs £60.00 for a small tub.

I will typically spend about 3 hours on a BASIC cleaning session.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...