Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sun shade / blinds for rear of Auris tourer

Willss

I have a 2014 (14 plate) auris estate.  I'm looking for some sun binds that fit the whole rear window (beside rear passengers - not worried about rear/side of boot) rather than the generic sucker affairs that fit multiple cars.  I bought some Toyota ones for our Avensis but can't find any for the Auris tourer and my local parts dept. say Toyota don't make any. 

Anyone any experience of what may fit/work well?

Thanks.

If you buy mail order you will be covered by the Distance Selling Act so will have 14 days if you are not happy with them to inform them of your intention to return & a further 14 days from that notice to actually return. No personal experience  but a quick ebay/Google search throws up a no. of suppliers of clip-type ones

I had mine all tinted 90% the shade before limo, the guy I use takes the glass out of the rear doors better finish, in fact so good it looks like it’s been factory ordered, I’ll get some pictures up later.

£130.00 job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, j66 said:

I had mine all tinted 90% the shade before limo, the guy I use takes the glass out of the rear doors better finish, in fact so good it looks like it’s been factory ordered, I’ll get some pictures up later.

£130.00 job done.

Same here, except mine didn't take the glass out afaik. Same £130 from my local although most others were quoting £150/160.

Thanks for comments.  Probably end up getting some of the clip type ones but I've yet to find any that specifically fit the estate (loads shaped for 5 door available) - I'll have a proper look at some point as they must exist.

Always said I'd never have tinted windows again.  Real pain when reversing into our drive in the dark (no street lights so pitch black) - yes I have mirrors and a camera but like to have ability to look through rear windows as well.  Reversing light is poor - not unique to Avensis!

I've had several sets from Vanstyle on eBay for different cars.

They custom make the shades for each model type.

These show as the tourer:

https://bit.ly/2GCKUyD

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2018 at 8:27 AM, sportse said:

I've had several sets from Vanstyle on eBay for different cars.

They custom make the shades for each model type.

These show as the tourer:

https://bit.ly/2GCKUyD

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Great thanks for the link.  Don't know how I didn't find that when searching. 

Shame I have to buy all 6 blinds when I only want the 2 rear passenger windows but never mind at least they should fit how I want them to.

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

I'm waiting to take delivery of my new (used) Auris HSD and in the process of sorting out some rear window shades. Have been landing on this site quite a lot over the last few days so thought I would sign up and contribute.

There's an Australian company called Shevron that makes fitted window shades called "Window Sox": https://youtu.be/gDcGvV4lyZA. I had them on my previous car when I lived in Australia, they were great so I'm about to order them again now. Looks like they used to be sold in the UK by the creator of the above Youtube video, but no longer. However, they can be ordered on eBay (message them first with your VIN number).

I was also looking at the Vanstyle ones which suggested above as I can buy those in the UK, but I'm also only interested in the rear windows. It also looks like the Vantstyle will not be easy to store in the door compartment when not in use (you can just fold up the Window Sox).

Hope this helps.

The vanstyle ones are designed to be fitted and left in place. They have clips to attach them to the window rubbers.

The construction is mesh with a wire surround.

They are only on the inside of the windows, rather than a sock over the top of the door, so don't get wet.

The shades also come with a storage bag, so you can put them in the boot if you want to detach them.

I leave mine fitted. They sit in the frame exactly and don't rattle.

As they are removable shades rather than window tinting they don't affect the insurance.

• 3 months later...

One issue I've found with the rear side window shades is that a low sun from the side means you can't see through them unfortunately.

They were fine in the summer, but I've had to remove the side window ones for winter as I'd go to look over my shoulder joining a nearby motorway and find that I couldn't see through them at all!