Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

OK, I am an idiot

Bike_loon

So when I was reversing the Aygo the other day (the girlfriend is a learner and couldnt get it out the space in front of my car without worrying) she says to me " the right side reverse light isn't working"

Ok, says I.. I will sort it. SO today I buy a couple of bulbs, look up on You tube how to get the rear lens out, take the lens out, change the bulb, test it before refitting and still it does not light up when in reverse. With fading daylight I thought "sod it" and put it back together. When I had screwed the lens back in I looked at it and thought... hmmm why is the lens red...

Then I flicked the fog light switch on the light stalk..

Doh!

• Haha 4

Hi Stuart,

You won't be the first and you won't be the last to fall for that one.....spare bulbs are always handy though,aren't they?:wink:

By the way, your Aygo is a little cracker, a great and rare find and I bet that most of us on here want your leather seats....I know that I do!!!

Anyway, you might not feel as daft if I tell you that I went to check my tyres yesterday.  "Right-oh, 32 all round", I say to myself ....key in 32 and proceed....errr, somethings not right, it's still filling after a while....let's just check....Oh crikey....I'm on ATM!!!!!

5 seconds later and you would have been picking my Aygo off the Church roof or I would have created a new door into the BP shop:ohmy:

All the best from one numpty to another. :biggrin: 

Yep, can be an easy mistake, my sister spotted only one reversing light problem on her new 108 when she got it last year, but we got a 107 as well so I aware their little trick. I'm like you like my lights symmetrical!, my old Mondeo has 'proper' rear lights, 2 whites and 2 reds!

lol

I like the design of the Aygo mk1 rear lights. It is one of the rare cars on which all lights are gathered.

On the Aygo mk2, rear reflectors are apart, down on the bumper.

Well today as I was half asleep when I left for work, I tried to use the remote lock key for the Porsche to unlock the Aygo... ho hum!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links