Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry motorised headlight removal

wedgehog

Hey guys how come we haven't got a Camry club. My Camry shown here

Picture%20002.jpg

I was doing some work on the front bumper and needed to remove a headlight, seemed straight forward enough except this car has got motorised tilting headlights. I searched for hours on the net and u tube and can't find a single one with the motorised headlights? every single other Camry I could find it was simply three bolts to remove it.

There is a long threaded rod comes out the motor with a ball on the end, this has a little plastic cylinder which the ball fits in to and then when fitting the headlight you push this plastic cylinder into a hole on a bracket which is screwed onto the headlight and it clicks in, with three little plastic protrusions, to remove it you would need to compress the plastic protrusions and pull, but of course you can only get at one as they are positioned around the cylinder and some are behind the headlight. 

In the end the only thing I could see to do was pull with enough force to pop the ball out of the clip, but with it inside the hole on the bracket it can't expand and the result was broken plastic.

So does anyone know how it should be done or have a link to a video please?

Heyyyyy........ :huh: ..... I feel your pain.

You mean an adjustment 'wheel' to trim the beam up/down for boot loads?

ToyotaNation not list a fix on one ?

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/103-camry-3rd-4th-gen-1992-1996-1997-2001-1st-gen-solara-1999-2003/335313-asian-camry-97-99-w-motorized-headlight-adjustment.html

2sav

Hi John, Yeah that's what you have on the dash, a little wheel, but I am trying to remove the headlight from the car and can't see how it is possible to detach the motor connection to the headlight without breaking it, so as I said above all I could do was pull and hope the ball joint would pop out, but no it broke the plastic, 

Not a problem as it superglued back together and when re assembled the seating in the headlight will hold it all together but I just wondered if anyone knew how it should have been removed?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links