Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust for celica vvtli

thundercel

Are the eBay ones any good or is best to start with a japspeed one wanting to do full decay system

Sent from my MIX_2 using Tapatalk

There are several youtube videos of the Japspeed exhaust. Some with just the backbox and others the full de-cat versions. I nearly got the japspeed decat myself last year. It was by far, one of the cheapest full de-cat / backbox setups out there that you can actually hear beforehand thanks to youtube vids.

Moving up the scale a bit, another full de-cat setup that is still readily available is the Cobra exhaust system for around £400.
Some of the crazier full system exhaust setups that existed for the celica but sadly are now near impossible to obtain are the indivia N1, veilside titanium pearldrop and the TRD Kazuma.

I ended up phoning a local exhaust place and having one made up. A 2.5" full de-cat. They put mounts in so the cat can be swapped back in or out with the little de-cat pipe easily for MOTs. They asked me what sort of sound / tone I wanted and ended up being recommended to have a midsection resonator and a rear backbox (horizontally across the width of the car just like the stock one). Was got offered options and sizes on both the resonator and the rear back box in terms of what they could do in terms of tone / noise etc. I think I ended up with an 11 inch by 4.5 inch diameter resonator and a 16 inch rear backbox and got to choose from a selection of exhaust tips. All in it cost me just over £400. In as fewer words as possible, I'd describe the sound I ended up with as a "tuned" sound. It's not a !Removed! rice cannon which is what I really didn't want. At idle, it's barely any louder than stock. Every sound it makes is noticeably deeper in tone compared to stock, and subtly louder up to around 3.5k where then it really starts to comes to life and gets shouty! In hindsight though. I think I'd like it louder at lower rpms, as I don't often drive get to drive everywhere at 4k+ rpm lol.

There are several youtube videos of the Japspeed exhaust. Some with just the backbox and others the full de-cat versions. I nearly got the japspeed decat myself last year. It was by far, one of the cheapest full de-cat / backbox setups out there that you can actually hear beforehand thanks to youtube vids.
Moving up the scale a bit, another full de-cat setup that is still readily available is the Cobra exhaust system for around £400.
Some of the crazier full system exhaust setups that existed for the celica but sadly are now near impossible to obtain are the indivia N1, veilside titanium pearldrop and the TRD Kazuma.

I ended up phoning a local exhaust place and having one made up. A 2.5" full de-cat. They put mounts in so the cat can be swapped back in or out with the little de-cat pipe easily for MOTs. They asked me what sort of sound / tone I wanted and ended up being recommended to have a midsection resonator and a rear backbox (horizontally across the width of the car just like the stock one). Was got offered options and sizes on both the resonator and the rear back box in terms of what they could do in terms of tone / noise etc. I think I ended up with an 11 inch by 4.5 inch diameter resonator and a 16 inch rear backbox and got to choose from a selection of exhaust tips. All in it cost me just over £400. In as fewer words as possible, I'd describe the sound I ended up with as a "tuned" sound. It's not a !Removed! rice cannon which is what I really didn't want. At idle, it's barely any louder than stock. Every sound it makes is noticeably deeper in tone compared to stock, and subtly louder up to around 3.5k where then it really starts to comes to life and gets shouty! In hindsight though. I think I'd like it louder at lower rpms, as I don't often drive get to drive everywhere at 4k+ rpm lol.

Thanks mate for the in depth reply yeah considered going to them but have to watch the wallet haha I like the idea of being able to pop cat back on for the dreaded test rubbish. The ones on eBay only really list for the 140 bhp struggling to find the 190 version cheers tho for reply

Sent from my MIX_2 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links