Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark plugs rav4

Wheel2Turn

Hi 

Sorry before hand if its me not using the search bar properly but I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have a 2004 TOYOTA  RAV-4 XT3 VVT-I  1998cc PETROL, 5 Door.

I looking to change the spark plugs in the next few days, could someone please tell me which ones are best I've been told so far  Denso Iridum plugs.

Anyone that can give me any info i would be really greatfull,I'm looking for the best price. 😀

Either NGK or Denso, both are OEM suppliers and excellent plugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2018 at 9:24 PM, Flatfour said:

Hi

Thank you for the info and the link,My rav4 have done about 96000 so I thought they will need changing soon. Had the car for 17 months now. I've got a few things to sort out on it so slowly getting through the list 😀 Trying to keep the cost down and doing a few jobs myself.

Thank you again I will be back no doubt 😀

1 hour ago, Brave27 said:

Either NGK or Denso, both are OEM suppliers and excellent plugs.

Thank you nice one.

I just put Denso ones in my daughter's car and its going a lot better and starting really well that's way I wonder if I could put Denso plugs in my rav4.

Thank you again

The correct factory option Spark plug is a Denso SK20R11 in fact it is the only option listed by Toyota

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The correct factory option Spark plug is a Denso SK20R11 in fact it is the only option listed by Toyota

Might have something to do with Toyota previously owning Denso 😂

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Brave27 said:

Might have something to do with Toyota previously owning Denso 😂

Toyota still own approx 25% and Denso are still part of the Toyota Group.

• Thanks 1

Thank you peeps

I didn't know Toyota part owned Denso that's interesting to know.

So is there any tests to say which ones are better out of NGK and Denso plugs,Just wondering 😀

Do rav owners recommend NGK over Denso just for me to have some idea before I order some this week or are they just has good as each other.

The Denso ones seem to cost more is that the difference  😁

I don't think you can call it either way to be honest. My personal preference is NGK, but I'm basing that on years of experience in both automotive aftermarket and racing. Denso is a good plug, but a relative newcomer compared to NGK, certainly there is little in the way of technical back up in the U.K., unlike the team at NGK who are excellent.

• Thanks 1

I notice on eBay that there are comparatively cheap Densos from China (about £5 each, some even less), whereas most are at least £7.50.  Just wondering whether they are inferior imitations? 

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2018 at 8:45 PM, Brave27 said:

I don't think you can call it either way to be honest. My personal preference is NGK, but I'm basing that on years of experience in both automotive aftermarket and racing. Denso is a good plug, but a relative newcomer compared to NGK, certainly there is little in the way of technical back up in the U.K., unlike the team at NGK who are excellent.

Thank you for the info nice one ☺

Good point you make about NGK they been around a long time so they must be doing something right.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IanML said:

I notice on EBay that there are comparatively cheap Densos from China (about £5 each, some even less), whereas most are at least £7.50.  Just wondering whether they are inferior imitations? 

I notice them on eBay and thinking the same as you, But I will leave them there and buy from my local car part dealer. ☺

But I have notice tonight euro parts have a discount code with 33% off so I will compare prices with my local  😉

Thank you 

I changed spark plugs today went for the NGK ones got a box of 4 £28.00 from my local car shop so not bad I thought.

When I took the coil bolts out one of the bolts snapped must of been put in to tight or the bolt head was weak,I manage to just get to the threaded bit to get it out so that was good and panic over, It was the first coil bolt I undone to.

The plugs I took out was NGK not Denso  so I think they must of been changed before. They looked pretty good. I used a magnetic plug socket which was very useful when putting new plugs in.

Just took it for a spin and it feels a lot better more positive when starting.

So thank you to everyone for your advice and input.

Nice one 👍☺

Need some more info on Battery so is it okay to start another thread or post it on this one.

Start a new one - the title will be helpful to others.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, IanML said:

Start a new one - the title will be helpful to others.

Okay Thank you for the reply 👍☺😎