Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celia high lift gone

Jim meister

Hello there, I have a 2006 Celia t sport which currently has no lift. The ocv filter has been checked by Toyota and was ok. The lift bolts were changed, the old ones hadn't snapped. The car will still rev round to 8000 plus. When the engine passes 6200 lift tries to come in and a loud rattle/clicking can be heard coming from the engine. My local Toyota dealer have looked at the car on two occasions and are clueless as to what it could be. There are no ecu faults and everything seems OK. Has anyone else hear had any lift problems that were fixed/solved.

Hello there, I have lost lift on my 2006 Celica. I have sent it to my local main dealer twice but they can't fix it. They have replaced the lift bolts, the old ones came out OK I.e. not snapped. The have checked the ocv filter, and that it works. All good. They have checked the ecu which is also good. The car will rev round to 8000 plus but lift doesn't come in at the usual 6200. At 6200 a clicking or rattle can be heard as though lift is trying to come in. Has anybody here had a similar problem which was resolved?

Topics merged. Moved to the Celica club.

Hi mate, sorry but english isnt my main language.

With high lift do you mean the variable camshaft timing? becourse you are talking about rev's 

maybe you can explain to me what you mean, i might be able to help

Hello Jinx1991. I drive a Celia t sport. When the engine gets to 6200rpm it should engage a high lift Cam and rev around to 8200rpm quickly. My does not though as it is broken. The variable valve system works throughout the red range and mine is OK. I have had the lift bolts changed and this made no difference. I hope you understand this better.

If the lift bolts and ocv are good then are you sure you are letting the engine warm up enough.?...lift won't engage if the oil temp is not high enough.

You could try an OBD/code read..see if there is any sensor problems...ie speed sensor.?

I do ensure that the car is up to temp. I have had the car back to my main dealers for them to Try to repair it. They checked the inputs and outputs to the ecu, I.e. speed, oil temp, oil pressure, engine rpm etc and told me they were all good. They also checked the ocv filter and the operation of the valve itself and said it was OK. I am going to book my car into Ilkeston Toyota for them to check the oil pressure. I am not sure what could cause a drop in oil pressure unless the rocker shafts are leaking.

Good luck...hope you find the cause.

Toyota Ilkeston.?...that'll be Ron Brooks then.?

Yes mate, it is a Ron Brooks main dealer. I have sent the car to Ron Brooks in Mansfield twice already, but to no avail.

This is a hard one, sorry but i have to start at the bottum i hope you can understand.... how long ago did you change oil? and when has your uhm distribution been replaced? and especially the variable camshaft pully. officially the pully would have been changed allong side with the distribution, but i see so many garages just being cheap / lazy and just replace the belt / chain in stead of the whole deal

@edit, honeslty i cant see / hear your car but when you talk about high rev lift and a rattle sound the first thing that pops into my mind is a bad variable camshaft pully, unless you wreck youre car and rev the nuts off it while the oil didnt get a chance to get up to temp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links