Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

hybrid tyres

mick holmwood

Just bought a Yaris hybrid and tyres are a bit noisy,

whats the quietest make.

Cheers Mick.

Bear in mind that the noise rating from the tyre labelling system, is a measurement of external noise (measured from outside the vehicle) and may not relate well to perceived noise inside the vehicle. So to get tyres that seem quieter inside a vehicle would probably be more of a judgement call and will vary from model to model depending how well noise, vibration and harshness is suppressed.

• Thanks 1

So no idea then.

Just thought someone may have changed their tyres and found some quieter ones.

Hi Mick,

I don't have a Yaris.  But this recent review of 205/55 x 16 tyr (so not your size) might give a general pointer:-

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91856/tyre-reviews-best-car-tyres

Independant to this test it would appear that Goodyear and Kuhmo are regarded as quiet tyres, but that is not the complete list!

Yaris Hybrid Excel 2014

As it happens, we had a set of four Khumos fitted the other day.  ............... 195 60R 14 ............ £72 each.

We bought the car secondhand and the originals were on the back - Continentals.  The front ones had been changed by the previous owner - can't remember the make, but they were budget ones.  All four needed replacement, so I bit the bullet at went to our local tyre place.  Been using them for over 30years, so I know they are good people.

First thing I noticed, was the tyres were quieter.  Not a great deal, but definitely quieter.  Could be the difference of the budget tyres on the front.

Mick.

Also Michelin CrossClimate may well be available for your car, but they will be at the expensive end and the rolling resistance isn't that good, so your mpg will suffer a bit.

Everyone who reviews them says they are very quiet. And they are excellent in the snow when compared to summer tyres.

Only my personal opinion, but I'd expect tyres to become noisier as they get older, due to the rubber compound hardening with age, and the tyre wearing.

thanks for the  replies, gives me a few choices.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget the Hybrid is a quiet car, so relatively road noise is louder.

If I set the AC to 3+ bars it drowns everything. I soon notice, as I'm turning the volume of the radio up!! 😂

I fitted cross climates to my Ford Focus and thought they were noisier than the standard fits but they are definitely brilliant in snow. When I change my Auris tyres later this year I’ll definitely be putting cross climates on. (Currently showing at £70 a tyre for the Auris)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links