Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis injectors

john11k

Hello

i have a 2007 avensis d4d 2.ltr when cold starting and for first ten or so mins the injectors are noisy, like tappets, !  Somebody suggested I should run an injector cleaner through it, just wondering if this is a good or bad idea, the car has 600k on the clock, and I have had no engine trouble so far, any advice or tips appreciated 

john

Moved to the Avensis club.

1 hour ago, john11k said:

the car has 600k on the clock,

600k really?

• Thanks 1

Yes, 600k and all original, only thing that has been changed on the car is a passenger side drive and an altonator ! 

I service the car somewhere around  six to ten k

Miles of kilometres? Thought Ireland changed to metric speedometers/odometers in new cars around 2006/07.

As of today , 

I'm not on FB , twitter etc, 

IMG_3855.JPG

Just put it up on twitter ! Didn't know I had a twitter account ! Must be old age ,,,  thanks guys

much appreciated,, john

On 14/04/2018 at 10:21 PM, john11k said:

Hello

i have a 2007 avensis d4d 2.ltr when cold starting and for first ten or so mins the injectors are noisy, like tappets, !  Somebody suggested I should run an injector cleaner through it, just wondering if this is a good or bad idea, the car has 600k on the clock, and I have had no engine trouble so far, any advice or tips appreciated 

john

It looks just like my car, and my speedometer but mine is 1.8 petrol. Congratulations on your mileage, very impressive. You can try wyn injector cleaner £5 but I would spend an extra £3 and go for the total cleaner which cleans the whole system. My car was driving better instantly after I put it into a tank half full which is the minimum level but you can put it in a full tank. I only have done 90k miles....it already has needed a new reconditioned starter motor. But then again they do say that a higher mileage car is better than lower mileage at a certain age.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I still haven't decided to try the cleaner or not, the thing that worries me is the high mileage! Maybe I should just leave well enough alone,  ? 

But thank you for info, much appreciated 

• 4 weeks later...

john did you get your injector problems sorted as my car has the same problem, very rattly especially when cold.

209,000 miles on mine.i have tried various injector cleaners but no improvement.

Maybe check fuel flow with torque pro.

Sorry i dont know what torque pro is.

7 hours ago, big frankie said:

It is an Android app I remember checking my fuel flow last week when you accelerate fuel rate should also increase. This will check your fuel pump and fuel filter are OK.

Though this video is not related to this topic it is interesting

----------->

Frankie

sorry dident see this until now

No, I have been afraid to run the cleaner through! I was told with the high mileage it may cause all sorts of problems, so I have just left it for now, I'm actually thinking of changing the whole engine for a lower mileage one,  not sure what to do ! ?

On 6/3/2018 at 11:47 AM, m456an said:

Thanks m456an i might try torque pro.

It might give me some useful information,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links