Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 to 2009 auris 1.33 petrol engine Oil

driver10

The recommended oil is 0w20 from owbers manual. The online part store recommends 0w20 ultra synthetic it is exoensive. Does it matter if i get 0w20 fully synthetic it is cheaper. Which oil do you use?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Toyota don't specify whether their preferred oil should be semi or fully synthetic - as long as the oil is API SL, SM or SN, that should be fine.

You dont stay in business by advising people to buy cheaper products. I doubt you need anything ultra, it's not a racing car.

If you buy the oil yourself, i recomend getting an extra 1L for filling up. 

If the oil falls into the specified values in the manual, you're fine.

I personally have Champion new energy 5W30, purely because the place where i did the service was offering it.

It falls within the spec, and also advised mileage for changing it was 15k km, same as for the car.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, furtula said:

I personally have Champion new energy 5W30, purely because the place where i did the service was offering it.

5W-30 is the preferred oil for non-Optimal Drive engines. 0W-20 is the preferred oil for Optimal Drive engines, which the OP's 2009 Auris would have.

On 16/04/2018 at 11:40 AM, furtula said:

You dont stay in business by advising people to buy cheaper products. I doubt you need anything ultra, it's not a racing car.

If you buy the oil yourself, i recomend getting an extra 1L for filling up. 

If the oil falls into the specified values in the manual, you're fine.

It falls within the spec, and also advised mileage for changing it was 15k km, same as for the car.

The 1NR-FE engine has a high thermal efficiency with compression ratio of 11.5:1 !!!! The Toyota 0W-20 grade oil with friction modifiers is designed for this engine. The new TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) engines have even better thermal efficiency with compression ratio of 13:1 and 14:1 for petrol and hybrid engines respectively, this diesel territory! It won't be too long when we see 0W-10 grade oil.

I think i might use the petronas syntium fully syntheyic 0w20 oil next time. Its cheaper than the oil i used for my last service.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It is not just the 1.33 engine to which 0w-20 is the prefered grade. The Valvematic engine (ZR 1.6, 1.8, 2.0) also has 0w-20 as the prefered grade too. 
I use Petronas Syntium 7000 0w-20 from Eurocarparts using discount code for 5 litres.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/engine-oils-fluids/car-engine-oils/car-engine-oil/0W20-engine-oil/?521773331&0&ce5_113&gclid=CjwKCAjw2dvWBRBvEiwADllhn05hIZkbTasphOZ5RkGcRR16ykAwARpY5lL7c3AVn7MN80UhvyBMABoCtYQQAvD_BwE

The year before, I used Triple QX Synplus 0w-20 again from Eurocarpart.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/engine-oils-fluids/car-engine-oils/car-engine-oil/0W20-engine-oil/?521776261&0&ce5_113

Now I just seen the latest price, I am going to buy the Petronas again, ready for my next oil change. 

That QX has certainly gone up in price. The last  I bought, less than a year ago, was about £35 for 5 litres.:sad: