Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP - I don't want to scrap my car just because of a window

RebeccaC

I was advised to join the owners club in the hopes someone may be able to help me...

I am having no luck at all sourcing a passenger near side rear quarter glass opening window for my 1991 Toyota Corolla -  it has been discontinued and I have tried numerous breakers yards wit no success at all.

·        Also I need the seal and hinge for the window.

The car details are as follows:-

·        TOYOTA Corolla Hatchback 1991

·        Cylinder capacity (cc): 1295 cc

·        Fuel type: PETROL

·        Vehicle colour: GREY

I was wondering if anyone even knows someone that could make one for me?

Any advice would be great

Thank you

Rebecca

Toyota 1991.jpg

Hi Rebecca, how about trying Autoglass, just Google them for contact details. Tell them what you need, they can only say sorry if they can't help, worth a phone call. Mike.

• Like 1

Thank you Mike I did try Autowindscreens who said that the part is discontinued and I need to go round the breakers yards - which has proven fruitless. But many thanks for replying any help is appreciated

Ok, another one for you. Email john.devlin@lindop.toyota.co.uk he is a top parts person for obviously Toyota.

He has told me where to get parts for mine that are no longer stocked.

Alternatively you can phone him on 01978 720074, he's a nice man and easy to chat to, he also has the nickname 'Kingo'. You may get through to a switchboard but just ask for him under either/both of these names, you are welcome to say Mike169 or Metal Mickey gave you his details. Mike.

• Like 2

Thank you so much that's very helpful of you, and Metal Mickey was one of my favourite tv shows as a kid! Fingers crossed!

Oh, I forgot to mention you will need to give him your reg. no. so he can identify your car. Mike.

I had a similar problem after my Renault 5 was vandalised (a long time ago) .  Like your Corolla, it had hinged rear quarter-lights.  However, the base model had fixed glass with a different seal, and I was able to find the fixed glass and seal in a scrap yard.  Just wondering if that's applicable to your Corolla, in which case gives you another option.

• Like 1

Thank you so much that's very helpful of you, and Metal Mickey was one of my favourite tv shows as a kid! Fingers crossed!

Yippeee - Orange Auto Salvage in Acrington had the exact same car - the part is on its way whoop! Thanks for all your help :)

• Like 1

Glad to of been able to help you out. I don't know if it was one of the leads I sent you or one you found by yourself, please do let us all know? This TOC club is always helpful and people prepared to search for things in perhaps a different way you may not of thought of yourself. Mike.

A Result!...... Gladdens the Heart. (coming from a fellow 'dweller in '91' )

Way to go........

2sav