Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SR180 Rattling noise when accelerating at 1900rpm

RealDeal

Hi,

I have owned a SR180 for 3 months now and ever since I have owned the car there has been a rattle lasting around 3 seconds when accelerating in 4th 5th and 6th at around 1900rpm. The rattle then stops at around 2200rpm. It is a high pitch rattle almost like loose plastic. Just wondering is anyone else has experienced this? I have tightened the air filter hose and cleaned EGR valve. It is coming from the drivers side. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Inside the cabin or outside? Does it happen in lower speeds at same, or other rpm, or at stand still?

If you are accelerating and stop at 2100 rpm, does it disappear, or is it constant?

I had similar issue with plastic near A pillar, down close to the windshield, somehow fixed itself.

Have you had this since you purchased the car, or did it start in the meantime, and if yes, have you changed anything in that area of the car?

Sounds like from outside the cabin or behind the air vents. It is always only at 1900rpm and can be heard sometimes in 3rd it’s worse when I’m going up hill. It disappears as soon as I stop accelerating and as soon as I get passed 2100rpm. It has been happening ever since I bought it.

I can hear the rattling through the whole clip, not just the 20 s mark, except there it's the longest.  It also sounds to me like loose plastic. Did you check the cabin air filter? 

If i remember correctly, you open it, then check on sides, you should be able to see hinges, pop them out, then push the glovebox a bit up, and it will pop out and can be removed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links