Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electrics puzzle

Paul_H1

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the electrics in my 2009 Toyota Aygo and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

One morning I had a flat Battery and discovered that the problem was that the radio was not turning off fully when I took the key out of the ignition. I have then found that the passenger side window will not move, there is no sound of the motor trying to work. Finally, the air conditioning will not stay on, the light comes on when I press the button but goes off as soon as I Iet go.

I don't think it can be fuse related, as if I'm correct the same fuse is responsible for both windows and the driver side works. Other panel electrics are working fine, all the lights including hazards work, rear heated window and fans work and the cigarette lighter socket works. I've tried disconnecting the radio to see if that was the problem but the other symptoms remain.

I've been loathe to try and switch the window motors yet as they are still behind the white covers that have never been removed and I also don't want to risk blowing the drivers side one.

Do you think a window motor failure could cause knock on effects like the radio and aircon failing to work properly, could there be a common fuse problem, or is it more likely to be a faulty wire connection somewhere. It seems odd to me that these things all happened at the same time.

Thank you

Paul

Cant help with the window or stereo but the air con switch needs changing. Its a common fault on these, new one is £20 and there is one screw under the fan speed knob to take the centre panel off to change it.

9 minutes ago, Bike_loon said:

the air con switch needs changing. Its a common fault on these, new one is £20 and there is one screw under the fan speed knob to take the centre panel off to change it.

Can confirm that, just had to replace the air con switch on my 2008 C1 for the same reason.

4 hours ago, Paul_H1 said:

One morning I had a flat battery and discovered that the problem was that the radio was not turning off fully when I took the key out of the ignition.

Just so that you're aware if you've got the original Toyota radio installed, as in the link below. It still has power to it with the key out of the ignition. I.e. you can power the unit on using the power button, to listen to radio or CD, but it will turn off automatically after 30 seconds. If you mean that the display and radio/CD do not shut off when you take the key out, then there is an issue with the unit or maybe ignition switch.

http://ipocars.com/imgs/a/h/y/c/t/toyota__aygo_1_0_cool_5_door_air_zv_german_radio_fzg_2013_10_lgw.jpg

Thanks everyone. It sounds like a number of separate ailments all happening at the same time. I kind of know how the car feels. Fordulike - as you say I mean it doesn't shut off when ignition key is removed.

Paul,

since you have too many electrical fault, it looks like you have problem with your ground wire connection. There is a ground wire going from the minus (black) pole of your Battery to chasis near by. Tighten that bolt on the chasis and see if it gets better.

Hi Paul. Rajiv's suggestion is good but an easier way to check to make sure you have a good negative, black wire on Battery is to get one of your jump leads, connect one end to the black wired Battery post and the other to solid parts if metal like a lifting eye of the engine or other parts of the bodywork under the bonnet that are not painted. Mike.

See if the Battery wires positive and negative are loose on the Battery, You may need some Car Battery Repair Shims or it maybe the battery connectors need tightening up.

Edited by Wheel2Turn
Was going to do a link for shims

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links