Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

60000 Mile Service

patfig

Ok my Auris is 3 years old ( just MOT'd couple months ago) and has hit 60K miles. I have called Toyota who want £395 for the 60,000 mile service but my local garage will do this for about £150.

I am not sure what they do for the £395 apart from change oil and fluids so the price difference seems significant to me.

I also got a price from Kwikfit for £140 and they say they use OEM parts etc, and will stamp my service book, and that those wont invalidate my warranty under EU laws.

£260 is a lot of extra cash to pay for the main dealer service so i am looking for advice

Petrol diesel or hybrid???

Depends how the services between the different garages compare. Also to avoid complications with the new car warranty, if you have the service done outside the manufacturer's dealer network, in the event of a warranty claim which may be affected by whether correct servicing has been carried out, the onus is on you to prove the car has been serviced according to schedule using parts of a satisfactory standard.

Should you keep the car beyond the new car warranty, you will lose any goodwill from the manufacturer in the event of a major repair.

The 6 year/60,000 mile service includes additional items over and above the usual full service, and these depend on whether the car is petrol, diesel or hybrid. See https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing.json

If hybrid, the independent garages won't include the hybrid health check.

Really without knowing which version Auris you have, it is difficult to comment.

Compare what you've been offered with the Full+ details in the above link. For example do Kwikfit and your local garage include a spark plug change - which is due on yours at 60,000 miles - brake fluid change, use of 0W-20 oil, etc. A stamp in the service book by Kwikfit doesn't mean much - it is the invoice and breakdown of what they did/what they used which is the decider, and bear in mind that Toyota won't have a digital record of what has been done, so that is why, in the event of a claim, the onus is on you to prove correct servicing.

At the end of the day it is your choice/your risk.

7 hours ago, patfig said:

Ok my Auris is 3 years old ( just MOT'd couple months ago) and has hit 60K miles. I have called Toyota who want £395 for the 60,000 mile service but my local garage will do this for about £150.

I am not sure what they do for the £395 apart from change oil and fluids so the price difference seems significant to me.

I also got a price from Kwikfit for £140 and they say they use OEM parts etc, and will stamp my service book, and that those wont invalidate my warranty under EU laws.

£260 is a lot of extra cash to pay for the main dealer service so i am looking for advice

You can supply the service parts and negotiate labour rate. Brake fluid service is £45 inc.  This is what I did.

Check eBay for genuine Auris service kit and compare prices with local parts department. The kit usually consists of 'free' 5L 5w-30 oil, oil filter, air filter with spark plugs set OR cabin filter. It is better to go for 0W-20 oil which you have to pay little extra.

You are looking around £220 with genuine parts (Labour £75, brake service £45, service kit £100).

23 hours ago, patfig said:

I also got a price from Kwikfit for £140

I wouldn't recommend using them other than for tyres and/or exhausts. They are likely to "find" numerous things wrong - hence the price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links