Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Yaris fascia sat nav mounting

JohnD2

Hi. I have a specific reason for not wanting to have the sat nav on top of the dash. Would it be possible to have a vent mounting above right of the mm-screen?  Thoughts/suggestions welcomed. J

If it is a TomTom or Garmin, they do specific mounts for air vents.

• Like 1

Thats what I was just about to post I'm contemplating a design with or without the Nav.  Have seen a few that go on the dash.  My current Auris has sat nav, but for the other car have a great mount that goes in the CD slot....But guess what the Yaris doesnt have a CD player....

1 hour ago, catnash said:

Thats what I was just about to post I'm contemplating a design with or without the Nav.  Have seen a few that go on the dash.  My current Auris has sat nav, but for the other car have a great mount that goes in the CD slot....But guess what the Yaris doesnt have a CD player....

One reason I went for an early Yaris Hybrid, which does - although DAB is missing.

I like DAB for 5 Live but no CD, going to have to learn to get everything on a USB stick?

I have used Brodit system for years - originally for TomTom but now for mobile phone. This is one I have in my current Yaris and which says fits 2018 model. It doesn’t fit in vent - I found in vent mounts fairly flimsy and useless. You also need specific holder for your device to attach to mount. https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Toyota/Yaris/2018/655040.htm

I have a Garmin air vent mount and have had no trouble with the fitting to the vent blades on my 17 reg Yaris, available at  Currys /J Lewis appx £15.00.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 10:00 AM, mickandjanet said:

available at  Currys /J Lewis appx £15.00.

Hi. Is it easy to dismount and remount the 'Garmin head'  from this mounting?  (To hide it, while parked).

Hi JohnD2

The whole assembly is secured in place by gripping to the vent blade with the thumb screw, just unscrew to remove, simple.

Thanks M&J.    Readers might be interested that I bought a 'Garmin' air vent mount from an Amazon associated supplier. It had a 16mm ball...............the Garmin head needs a 17mm ball!  And the supplier demands return postage.  (This is not intended to reflect any criticism on Amazon themselves).