Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 Auris 1.6 Petrol Oil Dipstick Tube

uniquestar

Hi All,

I think this is only my 2nd ever post about my Auris.  It's been running really well, and one of the most reliable cars I've had!

The car finally went into Toyota at the weekend for the Recall on the airbags.  Whilst it was there they picked up that the tube for the oil dipstick was insecure, and a bit loose.  I've checked it and it is a big fiddle to get the dipstick back in after taking it out.

Is this something that I really need to worry about?  Am I likely to lose some out if the tube is loose at the bottom?

I can't actually see the end of the tube, it seems quite difficult to get to.

Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

I check the following illustration and the dipstick tube has an O ring at the joint - http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2006/auris-corolla-jpp/zre151r-ahgnkw/2_165510_017_344W/tool-engine-fuel/1105_cylinder-block#11452B

AURIS COROLLA JPP |  CYLINDER BLOCK

The O ring is item 11452B.
I am surprised the garage didn't check and secure the tube.

They want to charge me ~£350 to fix it...

• Confused 1

I would ask at a local shop, just to compare prices.

• Like 1

£350 to secure the dipstick tube!:shock:  

So long as the tube has not broken, it may only need just pushing back in place and using a suitable sealant to secure in place, if necessary. Next the seal probably needs replacing. Worst scenario - the tube has broken or corroded, so needs replacing. I couldn't find a price for the dipstick tube, but the seal is priced from £5 to £10 and is used by other makes. Seal might be even cheaper.  

As Dean as said, go to a local (probably far cheaper) garage who can do the same job. 

The dipstick goes directly into the oil sump, if it's actually loose, then i presume some oil would be leaking out. 

I presume your engine is 1ZR-FE, here's a picture where it's clearly visible how the dipstick tube  i's attached to the engine. 

The tube should be flexible enough to be able to pop it out a bit, and just to slip a new ring. If the tube is moving, then see if it's possible to tighten that one screw, which holds it down.

1788227_1_b.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links