Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Vitz/Yaris - changing the sat nav language

Geri25

Hello, I just bought 2012 Vitz/Yaris - imported from Japan in 2017. It is fitted with NSCP-W62 unit (sat nav/audio/rear camera) operating in Japanese. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the language to English? Gone through all of the menus with the help of Google Translate and cannot find the option to select language. The unit has SD card and I have tried swapping it to Toyota Europe SD card which does not solve the issue either. Any other ideas?

2.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Geri25

As far as I'm aware the usual remedy for this is to change the head unit for a European language unit.

As above...^^^^...they operate on a totally different system over in Japan...I think buying a new head unit is your only remedy.

Thank you, both! Any suggestions where to get the unit from at a reasonable price? The official Toyota garage in Reading refused helping me as they don't have the car on their book...Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Hi guys, 

Any luck with finding a head unit?

You can fit what you want, if you want a factory radio look for a touch2 (silver buttons) or a TAS500, but it all depends on your location