Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heat shield under car come off

driver10

Car was rattling underneath. I took a look underneath and the heat shield has fallen off. The part close the exhaust pipe. Looks like i need a bigger screw with a bigger washer mighy be needed or do we need a new heayh shield, how will it be replaced. Anyone can advise?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Car was rattling underneath. I took a look underneath and the heat shield has fallen off. The part close the exhaust pipe. Looks like i need a bigger screw with a bigger washer mighy be needed or do we need a new heayh shield, how will it be replaced. Anyone can advise?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Mine came loose last year I just got a new bolt and a larger washer and put it back on been fine since so I would try that first before looking for a new heat shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had this on a couple of cars over the years.. if you can get the old screw/bolt moving (penetrating oil is your friend!) it's usually just a repair washer and you're away again. The hardest bit is getting to the fixing point, as it's generally hidden away right above the silencer!

Had it on my previous car, but the part of the shield that came off was clamped to the rest, and you would need to take whole thing off to fix it. 

Used some heavy duty silicone i had around, mixed with some sawdust, dabbed in 2-3 places.

I sold the car 2 yrs after that, but it did not move at all.

This happened to the heat shield on my Auris last winter. I needed the car for work the following morning and couldn't find a washer in the garage big enough to cover the largish hole in the heat shield. In the end I took a Coke can out of the recycling bin, cut the domed end of it out with a pair of tin snips, drilled a hole in it to take the original mounting bolt. The Coke can end made a good makeshift large washer and actually looked a surprisingly tidy job when in place! Six months later it's still there holding the heat shield firmly in place.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links