Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updating Maps to 6.11.0wl

bhml

I've downloaded the latest 6.11.0wl maps onto a USB drive and am trying to update the satnav in my Prius Gen 4 Business Edition Plus. The head unit picks up the update and asks me to confirm which regions/countries I want to update, then asks me to confirm. It then says it is resetting the head unit to start the update, and to make sure the engine is on. I do all that, but when the head unit resets itself, it just goes back to the update screen and asks me to repeat all the previous steps again, so it seems to be stuck in a loop. Is there some additional steps I am missing?

you should also be asked for an activation code.

Yes, I typed that in as well, and it was accepted...

is the "low" version the right one for your head unit?

I did my Prius excel this morning with no problems.  I used 6.11.0H which the my Toyota site offered me when I logged on.

My current version is 6.7.0WL and map ID is 2016v1. On the e-store, the version I got offered was 

Map Update 6.11.0L

Map Release Spring 2018 for Toyota Touch 2 with Go

I am not being offered any other map updates apart from the above.

I was on 6.10.0H previously.  My wife’s Yaris 2016 will be updated to 6.11.0WL from 6.10.0WL as it has a different head unit in the Yaris.  I haven’t tried to do it yet but will sometime over the weekend. I will post again if there’s a problem.  I don’t know if there is a difference in the units between excel and business edition Prius so can’t offer any more help I’m afraid.

2 hours ago, thud said:

I did my Prius excel this morning with no problems.  I used 6.11.0H which the my Toyota site offered me when I logged on.

Did you download to USB or do it OTA, there doesn't seem to be an option to download to USB anymore on MyToyota ?

I downloaded to USB.  I always do. I’ve never tried it OTA, it’s too big for that in my opinion.  I have downloaded both versions, H for the Prius and WL for the Yaris.

Those with Prius Excel and 6.11.0H, does everything still work ok, including USB music?

I've been holding off updating mine because earlier updates led to reports of issues with various functions, but if this one seems ok I might give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, thud said:

I downloaded to USB.  I always do. I’ve never tried it OTA, it’s too big for that in my opinion.  I have downloaded both versions, H for the Prius and WL for the Yaris.

How did you download it ?

I can't see an option to download to USB and my phone is not tetherable to the car ATM (I'm in the process of switching providers) and even when it is, it's a risky way to transfer to the car IMO, due to the quality of signal. I wouldn't want to end up bricking the nav unit due to a lost signal.

I think I already have the latest software as I update it last year, but I can't see where the download section has gone to?

Once I had gone through the purchase procedure and checked out my basket I then had to go to my purchases and there is the download link.  If you can’t see it I could try to post a screenshot of the estore page if I can work out how to do it.  I have found how to so edited to include screen shot. Hope it helps.

in reply to PeteB, everything in the Prius seems to work fine, I don’t use USB music much, preferring to listen to the radio or podcasts on my iPad.  No problems I can see but have not used it much yet.

I haven’t done the Yaris yet, the wife’s been out all morning but I may try once she’s back.

DB7F997F-B7B9-444A-A62F-F380F9AEBFE0.jpeg

Edited by thud
Screenshot added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @thudI forgot I had to go to the e-store section :unsure:

Got mine downloading now.  

Mine is currently 6.9.0H which I downloaded last year and the new one is 6.11.0H

I use USB for my music all the time so I will let @PeteB know if I have any issues.

• Thanks 1

@bhml I have now updated the wifes yaris and everything went smoothly.  It was a bit slow starting the update after I had put in all the information but it started after about 30 seconds and went smoothly after that.  If you are still having trouble it mightn’t be worth contacting toyota or visiting your local dealer for advice.  I don’t know how to identify which head unit you have but I am sure some of the moreover knowledgeable guys on here can help so you know exactly which version you need.  Just a thought, are the details on ‘my toyota’ Correct for your car?

The "Download to USB" button is there now, yesterday when I purchased the update there was only the download instructions button, which went to the OTA instructions.

@PeteB I have just updated mine and the USB music functions works fine, just as before :smile:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the input.

For the first time since I got my Gen 4 in June 2016 I did the update, and so far so good.

Two local roads that weren't on the old map are now present.

• Like 1

Updated to 6.11.0WL and the Sat Nav sound level has still not been corrected,  try turning the sound level up to 50 then switch the Media player off, turn on Sat Nav and it will not lower the sound level even though it does not have to compete with the Media player . 

40 minutes ago, ian rooke said:

Updated to 6.11.0WL and the Sat Nav sound level has still not been corrected,  try turning the sound level up to 50 then switch the Media player off, turn on Sat Nav and it will not lower the sound level even though it does not have to compete with the Media player . 

the satnav sound level uses the media sound level as a baseline (& adjusts off that if you have used the adjustment facility ) - it is the way that it is designed to work.

Hi on my previous Gen2 ,Gen3 and Lexus CT 200h the car knew that when not using the media player it had no sound to compete against and adjusted the Sat Nav to suit thereby not shouting at you when there is no reason. 

it's a different system.

Hi it is a different system with a major flaw in it in my opinion 

It's your opinion, which you are of course entitled to, but I am quite happy with the way that it works & I suspect so are most users.

• Like 2