Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint work issue on Bi-tone hybrid

Kelly17

I collected my new bi-tone hybrid two weeks ago. As this is the first nice weekend we couldn’t wait to get out and clean wax it. After washing and drying the car we have noticed that the paint work appears to have a mottled effect (almost textured) but feels smooth. I have attached a picture and would love to know your views and thoughts on this, many thanks in advance.

DEF0F11B-5C8C-418D-9E80-D08083A37E7A.jpeg

Hi, go to an independant body shop and ask their opinion. Then take it back to dealers.

its orange peel, normal on most cars these days, it shows up more on yours as its dark blue metalic

With a quick search I found one of many results explaining the effect. https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2012/09/06/whats-the-deal-with-orange-peel/

It seems to be present quite a lot these days. Even on so-called luxury branded cars.:laugh: Although I have to say it is not present to a great degree on my Decuma Grey Yaris. It is there though but can only be seen under certain lighting and viewing position.

Our bi-tone is Nebula blue and having washed and polished it several times have not seen any orange peel effect. It does come up with a beautiful gleam after using Autoglym Ultra deep shine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links