Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Driver's Seat 'Click'

Gerg

When accelerating or braking there is some movement in the entire seat of our 2013 Auris.  I think I have located the cause; a pivot point at the front of the seat base that is part of the height adjustment mechanism (shown next to red dot in picture).  I don't think this is wear, the rivet that passes through it is substantial and there is no sign of fretting. It would seem to have been made with unnecessarily loose dimensions.

Anyone else noticed this seat movement, or found a fix?

Ta.

P1090489.JPG

There is a technical service bulletin concerning this:

Ref: BO-0110T-1115

Subject: Clicking noise from Front Seat

Models: AURIS

Model codes: ADE186; NDE180; WWE185; ZRE185; ZWE186

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON Some customers may experience and report that sometimes there is a clicking noise from the seat. This TSB is only applicable on the above vehicles which have a Seat Height Adjuster;

PRODUCTION CHANGE The amount of free-play of the Seat Height Adjuster mechanism has changed. 12/2014

REPAIR PROCEDURE Please use the below flowchart to determine whether the by the customer reported Clicking Noise is the same as the Clicking Noise described in this TSB

Give your dealer a call and reference the bulletin above 

• Like 1

The technical bulletin listed is a great fit for my problem, if my garage confirms it, what is the repair plan? I'm thinking a new seat base (frame), and then attach the old seat back (?), airbags, upholstery foam and covers, but I'm just guessing. Would you be able to confirm the fix time and basic procedure?

I should add that my dealer did not have any knowledge of the issue when I described the fault!,  it would be useful to have that info when I go to them.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem. there is no audible click as such but when braking and accelerating it feels like there is some movement. would this be fixed under warranty? 

That sounds very similar to my situation; the 'click' isn't heard, just felt through the seat. Although that doesn't match the definition of the word, I couldn't think of a concise way of describing it for a thread title.

I can think of no reason why yours shouldn't be covered by warranty, provided your garage can detect it, and your car was made before 2015.

I understand a replacement bare seat frame is supplied and all the upholstery and airbags etc. are swapped over to it.  Given that only an hour is paid by Toyota for this job ( I was told), I am slightly concerned that, by experience, the local dealers might destroy something else on the car whilst undertaking the repair.  Or that the car would be returned with the seat facing the wrong way.  (Sigh).

TSB related and before your warranty does eventually expire, there are a couple of other TSBs that have been relevant to our car:

1. Movement (a click!) felt through steering wheel at extremes of travel, especially when parking. (Replacement intermediate steering shaft).

2. Customer complaints of the headlamp beams being too narrow. (Replacement front headlamps).

The reverse camera was replaced at 4 1/2 years old due to water ingress (the black internal seal had gone grey - an warning symptom?).

Also, there seems to be a quality control problem with the water sealing applied to the inside of all the doors.  The fronts can leak water, probably slowly, if you have 'mystery' condensation problems it might be worth looking into. It would seem to enter the car from the join in trim that is under the door Speakers.

HTH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links