Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need help

gerdyb

I have a 1992 Carina Auto Executive  2.0L Was driving great then when I pulled over to go to shop I put it into park and it cut out , the car is turning over OK put wont start There is no spark going to the plugs All other electrics are working Can anyone help, thanks  A

:cool: if it is an auto.... there is a 'cut off/interlock' involved with the ignition - safety Cut-Out... However, I recall that also cuts the Starter? [so you cant spin it either].

You in AA m8.. :huh:

2sav

Shouting removed from the first post

Check the rotor is moving around in the distributor when you turn her over, if it doesn't your cam belt is broken. I know from experience that the cam belt can break on my 1984 Carina without damaging the engine, but I don't know if that's still the case on the later models!

• Like 1

OK THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY BOB 2 AUTO SPARKS HAVE GIVE UP ON IT

Again I don't know about the later Carina's but mine has an electric fuel cut of valve on the carb, if the wire falls off that it won't start. I expect yours is Fuel injected though?

Let us know when you sort it.

I just re read your first post :blush: Ok so we know there is no spark at the plugs, won't be fuel then :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi WEDGEHOG

GOT THE THE PROBLEM SORTED IT WAS THE COIL PACK GOT A NEW ONE ON eBay AND I AM BACK ON THE ROAD, THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES AND HELP.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links