Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Aerials

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi

Does anyone know if our Aygo’s have an amplified aerial?

Im trying to figure whether i should buy a windscreen mount dab aerial to connect to my new jvc headunit or a amplified splitter version but will only work with non aplified aerials.

Anybody please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-KD-X441DBT-Car-Radio-Stereo-DAB-SMB-Aerial-Antenna-Splitter-CT27AA136/282567877047?epid=23017009830&hash=item41ca5ba1b7:g:TzcAAOSwEH9ZZUMI

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-Glass-Mount-DAB-Digital-Aerial-Antenna-for-JVC-KD-X441DBT-KD-DB67/401339035986?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

after looking at images of the Aygo's aerial it isn't amplified

Thank you guys...

Have rung around a few places and All recommend a glass mount everytime as its dedicated, so thats the route i shall take, fingers crossed it’ll be worth it.

to be honest i dont like DAB radio and always listen to FM as the sound quality is far superior over DAB

17 hours ago, eygo said:

to be honest i dont like DAB radio and always listen to FM as the sound quality is far superior over DAB

Seriously. I get bored of FM personally, so much more choice via DAB.

if you can find 2 channels one on fm and the other on Dab and switch between them the difference between them is unbelieveable in quality

I tried a glass mounted aerial on my iQ and found reception was very poor. Tried it in a few different locations as well and only got a couple of stations.

I then bought a replacement roof aerial that is both DAB and FM from DAB on Wheels and the difference was amazing. Once tuned I received a high number of stations and reception was far superior than before, no cutting out or lost reception when driving. 

It wasn't cheap at £40 (DRA-6003 model) but the difference was well worth it and it looked nearly identical to the iQ one I took off. They may do one that looks similar to the Aygo aerial.

Craig.

4 hours ago, craggle said:

I tried a glass mounted aerial on my iQ and found reception was very poor. Tried it in a few different locations as well and only got a couple of stations.

I then bought a replacement roof aerial that is both DAB and FM from DAB on Wheels and the difference was amazing. Once tuned I received a high number of stations and reception was far superior than before, no cutting out or lost reception when driving. 

It wasn't cheap at £40 (DRA-6003 model) but the difference was well worth it and it looked nearly identical to the iQ one I took off. They may do one that looks similar to the Aygo aerial.

Craig.

Cheers for the input Craig.

Ive decided to go the glass mount aerial route, id like to try it, just waiting for it to arrive in the post, its an Autoleads brand and differs to a few others out there in that it has 2 leads, 1 for the smb connection, and a second to be tapped into a live 12v feed to boost it, so im hoping it should work, fingers crossed !

• 3 weeks later...

Update...

Went for an Autoleads Dab AA1 aerial in the end, installed on passenger side yesterday, very easy to fit, and seems to be working fine, mass amount of choice in stations to listen to, this particular model of aerial has a 12v lead, which i decided to tap into the red live wire which comes on via the ignition, i assume by connecting this lead it amplifies the signal, i did consider tapping into the yellow wire on my iso but decided against as this would be a constant live. I shall see how it goes.

p.s i swapped the red and yellow leads on the iso inorder to avoid any memory issues which i have read about, im not sure if i had a memor issue but thought id do it anyway as i cant see it doing any harm. Did i do the right thing???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links