Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abandoned my Warranty.....

Berisford

After covering just 3,000 miles since last years £200 service I've decided that I'm not prepared to pay £300 for the year 4 service.....I know that'll leave me without the last year of Toyota warranty but so be it. Both the air and pollen filter are, as you would expect, showing little signs of needing replacing so I've had the MOT and a £50 oil and filter change done locally and I'll do the same next year. That'll leave me about £400 up on the deal, just so long as the Yaris continues its, so far, fault free run.

2 hours ago, Berisford said:

After covering just 3,000 miles since last years £200 service I've decided that I'm not prepared to pay £300 for the year 4 service.....

you could have had the proper service done by a non-Toyota dealer for less  (still would have been considerably more than £50 though) & this would still have maintained your warranty ...

The s/h value of your car will also have dropped (although perhaps you are planning on running it into the ground anyway) without a full service history.

Definitely worthwhile having the warranty and as Heidfirst stated if you had gone to a reputable VAT registered garage your warranty would still be valid. I have found Toyota warranties excellent in the past and they have always rectified any faults without quibble which includes interior fittings and a full set of alloy wheels.