Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

low or zero oil pressure

ricky_h

Hi, help required Please!

I've just purchased a 1KR-FE from eBay with 1800 miles on it.  looks like new.   :)

I'm going to use this on a project I'm working on,

I will need to purchase an aftermarket ecu, but before that I decided to change the filter and put fresh oil in.

The oil had been already drained prior to shipment, but the magnetic drain plug looked clean (no debris) and the small amount of oil there was like new.

I removed the old oil filter, which was still full of oil (very clean inside)and replaced with a genuine Toyota filter, filling it with oil before I fitted.

Just to make sure all was ok, I removed the spark plugs, and cranked the engine over.  I had an ohmmeter across the oil sender switch, which was reading a closed circuit.

I've cranked it several times now, for periods of about 30 seconds at a time, but still the reading I'm getting is a closed circuit! (I guess if it was connected to a dash warning light, it would be on)

Am I missing something here?  Is there something unique to these engines that only shows pressure once they have started?

btw, I have removed the switch and checked that it's functioning correctly by putting about 10psi in it, and the circuit goes open. so the switch isn't faulty

I've search tinternet, but can't find an answer, I guess it maybe that I'm trying to get a reading without being connected to an ECU?

Any Toyota mechanics out there that can throw some light on it please? 

sorry, just realised that I'm not supposed to post this here.  can't work out how to delete it btw admin.

and I think I may have resolved my problem by taking the oil filter housing off, and purging the system  :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links