Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are used Toyotas easy to sell in UK?

nielshm

This is a danish article. 

The list with cars, shows wich used cars are the hardest to sell in Denmark, with Auris and CHR in very poor positions. 

The word 'liggetid' is the average number of days to sell a used car. 

https://ekstrabladet.dk/biler/koerer-du-i-en-usaelgelig-bil-disse-modeller-er-svaerest-at-komme-af-med/7129375

How are things in UK, when it comes to sell used Toyotas? 

They sell pretty well tbh. But it's all down to the price you put things up for. Is a buyer's market after all.but still they sell ok 

After I part exchanged my last three Toyotas, they sold within the following periods:

2006 Corolla within 5 weeks (2009)

2009 Auris within 2 weeks (2012)

2012 Auris within 2 days (2016)

Aurises only sell about 20,000 a year when they're new, probably because they have a reputation for being unexciting, versatile and sooooooooo boringly reliable.  TBH, the interior styling doesn't do them any favours either (I have the 2014 Touring), although that may have been smartened up a bit now. Top Gear Magazine says it's probably the most badly driven car in Britain, which also doesn't help the image, but I reckon TG readers are more likely to want a thoroughly-thrashed boy racer Seat Leon in the first place. :laugh:

Anyway,  I'll tell you this much. When I bought mine, 18 months old with three and a half years' warranty still left, I honestly don't think I could have done better for £10.5K. Super car, doesn't handle as well as my wife's Golf (or my old Passat), but what a lot of car for the money. I've been all over Europe in mine, and it never misses a beat. As the previous poster said, the price is key, and the market is right there. The quality speaks for itself.

Can't speak for the Auris but as the title relates to "Toyota's I've sold 2 ex driving school Yaris D4D's on Autotrader and sold them within a week of being advertised. To be fair they were pretty low mileage for their age and immaculate but got excellent price for them and also had plenty of enquiries.

Neither of them missed a beat mechanically and dealers were excellent for service and customer service which is why we have returned from owning Fords which have had horrendous customer service and also due to the current issues with the ecoboost engines.

When I bought my 8 year old Prius in February I let my wife have my 8 year old Auris Hybrid, which left us with a 8 year old yaris d4d to sell. It was going to cost me too much to keep the insurance going on the Yaris (to give time to sell it privately) so whilst it still had insurance (to the end of that day) I took it to an independent trader in the local village, never been there before, and said do you want to buy my car. Upshot was he bought it off me there and then, and it disappeared off his forecourt 2.5 weeks later. Quick sale for him. Car was just right for someone at that time (as I predicted to him).

When I was buying the Prius privately, I had just done a test drive, just about to start haggling on the price (which was already very good) when another couple turned up, so, wanting the car I paid the asking price. So sales of Toyota in my part of the UK doing all right. I think in the uk, if not elsewhere, Toyota have a good reputation for quality and, generally, good dealer service.

We spend a lot of time on the coast (Lytham) nearly every taxi is the Auris touring sport, when I was parked up a chap came over and asked if i was thinking of selling it.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk