Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part Number for Climate Control Panel

Dewi Daniels

Yesterday, I took my IQ into my local Toyota dealer because the climate control isn't cooling. They've followed the Toyota diagnostics. The A/C checks out OK and they say the problem is either the control panel or the A/C amplifier. Toyota recommend replacing the control panel first. They say I need a replacement switch/control panel at £833.70. They suggested I find a second-hand one, which they could then fit for me.

The part number they gave me is T55900-74020-B0. There are several Toyota IQ control panels listed on eBay for between £27.29 and £110, but they all have the part number 55900-74010. There are a number of control panels with the part number 55900-74020-B0 listed from international eBay sellers for between £348.11 and £596.14, but the photographs included with the listings clearly show a sticker with the part number 55900-74010. My Toyota dealer claims that 55900-74010 isn't a valid part number.

What's the difference between part number 55900-74010 and 55900-74020-B0?

I would take it to an independent garage and ask them to check the air-con pressure and check the compressor clutch is engaging and dis-engaging as it should. 

It is extremely unlikely the controls would fail as they are an all in one circuit board and I assume the rest of the panel and switches are working as they should? As it's a 9 year old car now there is a very good chance the air-con gas charge is past it's best and probably low on pressure.

Craig.

The Toyota dealer say they've regassed to the correct gas level and tested, and that the a/c system can be made to function when bypassing the controls, which is why they think the problem is on the control side.

If you lived closer to me I'd suggest swapping our panels over and trying them in either car. Maybe there is a local owner that would oblige?

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links