Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0400

Rav390

Hi all this is my first post so go easy on me. 

I recently bought a 2008 RAV4 2.2 xtr and it's covered 115000 miles. Anyway all was well until last week driving to Germany from Stockport i was on the m62 when the engine light appeared and check 4x4 and vsa. Anyway completed the trip with engine light on because it didn't effect the drive of the vehicle and i had no other choice but to carry on. So when i got back home i plugged in the computer and p0400 came up. So read up on it and got about cleaning the egr valve which i did put it all back together and hey presto engine light still on. So then i bought a new egr valve fitted it and again the light stayed on and the RAV4 became hesitant on acceleration with the new egr valve fitted. So back to square one anyone got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is there something else I've missed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Did you reset the warning light? Fault codes will remain until deleted - even if the root cause of the code is corrected.

Yes i reset the check engine light i even disconnected the Battery for 30 minutes. The light stayed out for about 10 minutes of driving then came back on. 

brake light switch can cause dash to light too come, swich can be stripped and clean the contacts, cheapes place to start

B.A

Thanks battle axe i will try that. 

Is there any way i can tell if my particular model has a dpf fitted ?  

As far as I know the XT R hasn't but I think the 180 may have sorry can't be more specific 

B A

4 hours ago, Rav390 said:

Thanks battle axe i will try that. 

Is there any way i can tell if my particular model has a dpf fitted ?  

the T180 has a DPNR (Diesel Particulate-NOx Reduction) which is a Toyota specific type of DPF.

• 1 year later...

RAV4 d4d 2009.... 88000 miles, Code P0400 detected with code reader after ‘check 4x4’ and associated warning lights inc engine light. Removed and cleaned egr and cleaned valve, pipe and all sparkling and move as they should.....RAV drives great, not missing a beat... just as before lights came on. 
My knowledge tells me the lights can go off over time, having another RAV d4d since 2007 but..... is there a way to reset them....annoying having amber warning lights.

also, anyone have any idea as to why the code P0400 is for the egr but the warning lights refer to 4x4 system..???
many thanks in advance

JT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links