Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black bits to cover the white bits - Gen4.

Chippy01

While not really ready to upgrade from my Gen3 to the Gen4, I still like to look at the ads from time to time and just annoy myself.

While looking the other day, I spotted one with a full black interior (all the white bits covered). While the majority have the centre tray blacked out, this is the first time I have seen one with the gear selector and steering wheel blacked out also.
And I kinda like it.

Would this be a Toyota kit or an aftermarket kit? I can't find any reference online anywhere.

Prius black with black.jpg

Hi Phil,

Though I've got used to the white bits it was that very feature that had originally put me off purchasing my Gen4 Prius. If anyone has any info regarding this 'kit' I'd be very interested to know.

I bought some black vinyl wrapping material to get the gear shift/steering wheel professionally wrapped......but now find that I dont notice it at all

I’m one of the oddballs that like the white :laugh:

I ordered early specifically to make sure I got the white console. 

52 minutes ago, Harters said:

I’m one of the oddballs that like the white :laugh:

I ordered early specifically to make sure I got the white console. 

Me too - with the "cool grey" interior which mine has, it stands out less too.

Lucky we're all different I guess - I too much black inside a car soooo depressing.

I ordered mine early too, mostly because I wanted most of the toys it came with (but not the auto headlights)

• Like 1

I don't particularly "like" the white bits, but they don't bother me either, SWMBO on the other hand hates them.

I think those covers are a Japanese accessory (hence the right hand drive), quite expensive IIRC.