Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internal Alarm Sensor Location

Poiret

Does anybody have any idea where the internal alarm sensor unit is on 07 plate Rav4.  The alarm keeps going off at random unless I turn off the internal sensors but this means pressing a button inside before locking the doors with a fob and is getting annoying, and obviously I forget form time to time.  Sometimes it seems fine but it goes of often enough that I need to do something.  I know I can trun down the sensitivity but I can't find the bok anywhere.  I'm told it's under the dash somewhere but I can't see it anywhere.  The only box with a know to turn doesn't look quite right although that is based on a sketch in an alarm guide which doesn't have any more description.  It's got the number 063800-1100 PLS on it and I can't even place that number.  I've spent hours searching the internet with no luck and it's not in the Haynes manual of the manual that came with the car.  The next step is to take it to Toyota which I am loathed to do just to turn a knob.  Any guidance would be mcuh appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Hi James, on my model ( the one before yours) when outside the car, press lock button once, car locks, or press twice in quick succession, car 'dead locks' or press three times, car locks, 'dead locks' and disables internal alarm sensors, for animals and children. Hope it's the same for you👍

Unfortunately mine doesn't work like that.  You have to press a button inside the car to disable them on mine.  Not much of an improvement if you ask me.

• 1 month later...

For information it seems that it can't be easily adjusted in the mark 3.  It has to be plugged in at the dealer.

If that's the case, I assume the dealer is using Toyota Techstream.  If you get your own, it's a lot cheaper than a dealer visit. e.g. EBay link

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2018 at 5:54 PM, Poiret said:

Unfortunately mine doesn't work like that.  You have to press a button inside the car to disable them on mine.  Not much of an improvement if you ask me.

Where is that bottom that you need to press on the inside. I am new to rav4 and I have a dog, and cannot find how to stop the sensor when I am shoping

thank you