Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Aygo Black... Bluetooth?

Kat66

Hi there, I would like some advice please. I recently bought a secondhand 2010 Aygo Black on the understanding that it has bluetooth because online the specifications stated it should come as standard and it was advertised in the cars description. On closer inspection it seems that the car stereo does not have bluetooth at all, despite having the other upgraded features ie. AC, leather trim etc and a bluetooth user manual. Is this normal or has the stereo been switched? How easy will it be for me to install a new Bluetooth stereo? Halfords is quoting £250 for parts and fitting alone. Would it be easier/cheaper to buy a second hand 2010 Aygo Black Bluetooth stereo off eBay and have that professionally fitted? Many thanks.

Hi Kathryn and welcome to the board. :smile:

I've had a look on Auto Trader at all the Aygo Black models on there and they all come with the standard Aygo stereo.  Some other models in the range do have a bluetooth stereo which looks a bit different, like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Aygo-2010-2013-Radio-CD-Player-MP3-BLUETOOTH-/172920478865

bluetooth is mentioned in my manual as well but I have the stereo, in my "Fire" which is the same as the one that you have fitted.  As for replacing it, well it's case of what are you replacing it with and how much do you want to spend?  Some Folk spend a fortune on updating their car stereo systems but if Halfords (Who, I have to admit, aren't the cheapest) are quoting £250 for a fitted stereo, then if the stereo that you are looking at is around the £200-£210 mark, plus fitting at about £40, then it's not too bad.

I don't think that the Toyota bluetooth Stereo ( I think it's made by Pioneer) is a straight fit, connections wise, into our Aygos but I might be wrong on that, so don't quote me!! :wink:

You can get Bluetooth via various Sat Navs, from cheap Chinese ones which are sometimes pretty good, up to Tom Toms and Garmins.  If you are thinking of getting a Sat Nav then for around the £130 mark, you could get a Garmin like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-DriveSmart-51LMT-S-Lifetime-Updates/dp/B01MYAXRPE/ref=sr_1_29?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1525169299&sr=1-29&keywords=garmin+sat+nav

All you would have to do is attach it to your screen and plug it into your 12v supply/cigarette lighter socket.....No worries or costs about fitting.

I hope that helps, all the best! :smile:

Edit:  P.S. I am guessing that you want Bluetooth to answer your phone.  If you want it to get music from your phone then a cheaper option would be just to connect your phone to the "AUX" socket on the stereo that you already have with a lead.  I know that's not as tidy but it might save you a few Bob!!  Anyway, tell us how you get on. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your reply, I guess it's my mistake thinking bluetooth comes as standard😶. Nevermind. I was wanting to stream music as well as answer calls - Halford quoted £250 on top of the cost of the stereo which seems expensive to me. They said it was something to do with needing special leads? I think I would prefer an integrated bluetooth stereo fitted so if there is anyone who has any experience of doing this that would help. However, the Sat Nav you showed me looks like a great fall back plan if it will be too tricky so thanks for putting me on to that. 

• Like 1

Is there a control panel/pad on the windscreen above the rear view mirror? as that is where Toyots fitted the accessory bluetooth control panel.

No, I don't think so. I think there is some kind of small black microphone stuck to the roof (inside) next to the rear view mirror? I thought maybe it was designed to pick up your voice during a call? Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable about cars/Bluetooth etc...

No need to apologise, Kathryn, we are all still learning.....That's what this site is all about! :huh:

Anyway, if you have a microphone up by the rear view mirror, it sounds like you might have had an after-market bluetooth kit fitted to your car.  I guess that the microphone lead goes into the headlining up against the windscreen above the mirror.....If it does it has to go somewhere and that is usually down the front "A" pillar (The pillar between the windscreen and the front doors) on either the driver or passenger side, so see if you can check for a lead coming into either footwell.

That would connect to something, that may still be about, or maybe that has beeen unplugged and put into the glove box, boot or maybe a bag of spare bits and bobs that came with the car.  If it is what I'm thinking of, you are looking for something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Parrot-CK3100-Advanced-Bluetooth-Car-black/dp/B000621SN0/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1525206811&sr=8-14&keywords=car+bluetooth+kit

I don't know if that helps at all but it might explain why your car was sold to you as having bluetooth.

Happy hunting and I hope you find something as the figures quoted by Halfords for stereo fitting are eye-watering!

All the best. :smile:

If your Black has the original stereo then it should be the same as my Blue from 2011 and should look like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-107-CITROEN-C1-TOYOTA-AYGO-998cc-CD-RADIO-UNIT-86120-OHO10/132567960563?hash=item1eddaa8bf3:g:uqsAAOSwEUVZZ-G8

The stereo that Agent Orange mentions is the one that's fitted to the face lifted ones from 2012 onwards however no doubt it could be retrofitted with the fitting of the right adapter cable.

The Blue came with bluetooth as standard that is mentioned in the manual. It was optional on other Aygos.  Its a Parrot module that's buried in the dash behind the stereo  with the control panel stuck to the sun strip above the rear-view mirror. The microphone is next to the interior light.   Toyota part number PZ409-9029A-E0   (got that from its manual)   The control panel is a simple 7 button affair with the menu button being the one that has Toyota Badge. On pressing that, the system should say "main menu" 

It works well for calls but is utter appalling for music, you would get better quality from your phones speaker!  However to be fair it was never advertised for streaming, a rather expensive cable to connect to an iPod/iPhone was available for that.

If you are handy with a screw driver or know someone that is, then swapping the stereo is not to difficult   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZvfcOggbo

Good luck :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links