Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear View Camera

Jonmartin

My wife has recently bought a 64 plate Aygo. Which has had a screen fitted as an optional extra, it therefore has a reversing camera. But unlike our previous Yaris and my Auris, the rear view has no guide lines. Anyone know if this is normal ?

My Aygo had the X-Touch fitted as an option and has guidelines for the rear camera.

Just wonder whether guidelines came as a standard fitting after yours was built.

Normal, guide lines only came in from May 2016 production

Question answered. Thanks.

Mine is a 15 plate and I was wondering the same thing. Is there a software update available to include this on earlier cars and if so does anybody know where I can get it please? My touchscreen according to its update history has never had an update and I would like to get it on the latest version. Thanks for any help.

The camera lines are not added by a software update you need to fit a later camera unit which superimposes the lines on the image transmitted to the headunit.

There are however software updates available for the head unit see:

The reversing camera guide was an odd omission on the 2014- Aygo when they've been including this on other Toyota's for years.

40 minutes ago, MarkyPancake said:

The reversing camera guide was an odd omission on the 2014- Aygo when they've been including this on other Toyota's for years.

Not strictly true - some Toyotas didn't have guidance lines around the time the Touch 2 system was introduced.(for example the Prius Plug in).

The camera, even without guide lines is really useful. But guide lines take it to another level. Shame they omitted them..

Not strictly true - some Toyotas didn't have guidance lines around the time the Touch 2 system was introduced.(for example the Prius Plug in).

I just found it odd that my 2014 Aygo x-clusiv didn't have them when my partner's old 2010 Prius did.