Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought 2014 Auris Excel 1.8 Hybrid

Gunner786

Hu guys just bought this car and picking it up from cargiant tomorow.

Its got 69000 on the clock wirh the last service at 59000. Its not main dealer service though but its got 6 service stamps. Where do i stand on the warranty side cos of this? In case the Battery goes or something? It should have 11 months of warranty left as it was registered on 31-03-2014.

Also is there anything else i need to do? Im thinking of getting full toyota service done for peace of mind though.

Hi Anees, welcome to TOC :smile:

1) as you are buying from a trader you have very good rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 should anything go wrong within 6 months (& the car is still within Toyota UK's warranty period anyway).

2) Toyota service intervals are 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes sooner. However, they generally allow leeway of plus 1000 miles or 1 month.

6 stamps should be 60,000 miles so it's probably due another especially as it is 10,000 since last - I probably would have made a service part of the purchase deal but hey ho ...

The fact that not all services are dealer should not impact on the warranty as such but may mean that you may not get goodwill for things outside normal warranty terms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought for hybrid (battery) to qualify for warranty claims, it need to be health checked annually by the dealer. For which they issue a certificate which I had received from my last service.

Anyone could clarify this please?

The hybrid Battery warranty varies according to when the vehicle was first registered -see  https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty.json

As the car in question first was registered on 31st March 2014, it will still be covered by the hybrid Battery warranty (8 years/100,000 miles whichever occurs first)

Once a vehicle is outside it's original hybrid Battery warranty, the annual hybrid health check can provide an extended hybrid battery warranty (1 year or 10,000 miles whichever occurs first) up to the vehicle's 10th birthday. So if a hybrid health check is carried out immediately before the 10th birthday, cover can be extended up to 11 years.

The new car warranty will still be valid. However, if a warranty claim which is dependent on the car being serviced, is made, unless one has proof that the parts used were of equivalent quality to Toyota parts and the service was equivalent to the Toyota service schedule, the claim may be denied. 

Post warranty as the service history is non-Toyota, any goodwill in the event of  major repair may be refused.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links