Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ST205 GT4 suspension question

peeenl

Hello,

In the winter I would hit bumps, felt very hard, and front left suspension would be riding low. After driving a bit more it would get back to normal height. Not super familiar with sss yet. Components look ok. Hasn’t done it again since it warmed up.

Leaking shock or one of the sss components?

Anyone make actual aftermarket sss components? I see new old stock, but really high prices. Would rather buy aftermarket than oem at those prices.

Definitely did a google search already. 

Anyone have insight on why the suspension is dropping low but then coming back up?

Hiya Chris. It'll be the shock absorber based on what you've said.

The rate at which suspension returns to normal after hitting a bump is dictated by the shock absorbers rebound rate.
If it's taking a long time for the suspension to return to normal ride height after a compression, it can only be the shock absorber responsible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here. I apologize for hijacking this. I need new springs for mine, will a regular ST202/204 work just fine? or does it need to be specific to the ST205? Also, I'm from Canada.

Thanks

I believe fronts are specific, rear might be the same. If it’s just springs it’s not too bad though. Sets of 4 are not astronomical, and second hands seem available as well. Most other parts are difficult to come by.

Peeenl, would you happen to have a part number or a source? i've tried eBay, and a bunch of permutations and combinations of "coil" "springs" st205. thanks 

JayG, thank you!! Im just waiting on the seller to get back to me on overseas shipping. To be clear, i dont want to lower the car. My low pro jack just barely fits under the car.

Thank you both

27 minutes ago, generic brand said:

JayG, thank you!! Im just waiting on the seller to get back to me on overseas shipping. To be clear, i dont want to lower the car. My low pro jack just barely fits under the car.

Thank you both

Also found the part numbers and a place you can order them direct from Japan who do international shipping but being able to search the web by part number should help out a bunch and return more results.

Front spring OEM part: Part number:  48131-2T110  Available direct from Japan
Rear spring OEM part: Part number: 
48231-2G400  Available direct from Japan

Incredible! Coming here would of saved me a week's worth of head aches.

Thank you!

Just now, generic brand said:

Incredible! Coming here would of saved me a week's worth of head aches.

Thank you!

Hey no problem! Just glad I could help out a fellow Celica owner!
let me know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello needing help. I recently purchased st205 gt4 (98)   wanting to replace all the suspension is there a package for the lot I could just buy. would it be cheaper to import them as well

thinking of replacing the suspension myself  .is it a straightforward job

Thanks lee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links