Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1ZZ bits on the 1.6

jono987

Hi everyone, after some research, it seems theres a pretty easy way to get a good 20 extra bhp from the 1.6, which includes swapping out the inlet manifold, injectors and throttle body from the bigger engine in the celica.

Just wondering if anyone on here had done it? Was it easy and could you actually tell the difference in power afterwards?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Not done anything like that. But asking it another way, is it actually worth it for an extra 20 BHP? I reckon you could probably get that same additional power by adding some injector cleaner :biggrin:

23 minutes ago, DeTomato said:

Not done anything like that. But asking it another way, is it actually worth it for an extra 20 BHP? I reckon you could probably get that same additional power by adding some injector cleaner :biggrin:

Its around a 20% increase in power for the princely sum of about £100. I was thinking that was actually quite amazing? Lots of people seem to have done it on Corolla Club UK, thought some on here may have as well. Still debating it as not sure what happens to the reliability. 

Is it easier or cheaper to chip it? Just curious because I've seen a Nissan Z300 chipped in the past and that made it super quick!

Its not possible to chip the 1.6 really as its naturally aspirated.Theres very little performance mods, this being i think the main one. I think some kind of piggy back ECU can be used but its complicated for very little gains. 

The logical thing would be to buy a T sport but my SR is immaculate and had her in the family since brand new so i dont want to part with her haha :P 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links