Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Pump - right part ?

oldcodger

Hi,

During a service notice the Water pump was squeaking a bit when turned by hand ( belt off), so looks like it might need replacing soon.

Looking on the Toyota eBay store it list 1610029415 as the part at £93. for my 1.6vvti built May 2006  ZZe121R 

Had seen mention on this site of a new style water pump that needs two short  bolts as the body is thinner, but no clear info  as if its a more durable part etc.

Notice that Blueprint also do two version of the pump ,  11.2mm and 9mm , but referencing  both as Toyota equiv. 1610029415 ??,    yet with about 40% price difference, but all other aftermarket makers seem to offer just one type ?

Can anyone clear up what the differences are  ? and which I should get.

thanks

Hi,

Thanks for that link,  very handy.

As you can see it does list 2 possibilities  for my 2006 car, nos 3 and 4 , including that 1610029415, but not able to establish exactly what the (J) and (L) signify ?

Most places seem to  list both part numbers for the same pump they sell.

000918.jpg.380af0155e5e6ecadd79e9c23b11a2ff.jpg

Have you tried putting in your VIN and searching that way? It should give you a specific answer. I'd imagine it should then indicate whether yours is J or L? No idea what they mean though.

• Like 1

L denotes Local production which in the case of EU Corolla means UK production VIN starting SB1or Turkish production VIN starting NM, J is for Japanese production VIN starting JT

• Like 2

Check the price of the Japanese (J) OEM vs the Local European production one. You'll likely find the OEM is more expensive, but is made to last and likely to be made of better quality materials.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links